A leading payments industry news source for more than 17 years. Glenbrook curates the news and keeps you abreast of the important daily headlines in payments.
Search Payments News
May 31, 2023
On the wires
Worldpay From FIS and Affirm Team up to Expand Pay-Over-Time Solutions That Help Merchants Drive Growth
March 1, 2023
On the web
GoDaddy and Worldpay from FIS Partner to Launch Commerce 360
June 17, 2020
On the wires
Pay by Bank Account? Worldpay From FIS Enables Instant Payments From Your Bank Account Through Open Banking Hub
FIS® (NYSE: FIS), a global leader in merchant and financial services technology, today announced Open Banking Hub, an innovative new payment solution for its Worldpay merchant clients and their consumers. Merchants who enable this digital bank account payment method in their online stores can allow their consumers to pay for purchases directly from their bank account, while also allowing consumers to view their bank account balance in real time during the checkout process. Because the new solution routes users directly to their personal bank to authorize payment, they never have to enter card or account information into a third-party site.
May 5, 2020
On the wires
Worldpay From FIS Enables One-Click Google Pay Integration for Merchants
“FIS ™ (NYSE: FIS), a global leader in financial services technology, today announced the addition of Google Pay to its Hosted Payment Page (HPP) product for online merchants. Because Worldpay from FIS has made the technical integration within their HPP offering, merchants can simply “turn on” Google Pay to enable express online checkouts.”
July 19, 2019
On the wires
Worldpay Joins IATA’s Strategic Partnership Program
Worldpay Press Room
“Worldpay (UK) Limited has joined the International Air Transport Association (IATA) Strategic Partnership Program and has become the largest global acquirer to connect into the IATA Financial Gateway (IFG). By joining the Fintech and Payments Services Strategic Partnership Program, Worldpay will contribute to the creation of IATA policies and regulations on behalf of its member airlines. The leading payments technology company brings 25 years of airline payments experience to consult on compliance with regulations (e.g., PSD2 and Strong Cardholder Authentication), diverse payment methods, the passenger payment experience and trends within the travel space.”
March 18, 2019
FIS Is Buying Worldpay for $43 Billion to Form Payments Giant
“The new entity, which will have annual revenue of more than $12 billion, will be better placed to serve the world’s growing e-commerce industry, the two US companies said in a statement Monday. FIS is offering Worldpay shareholders a mix of cash and stock to make the deal happen. It will assume Worldpay’s debt as part of the agreement that values the company at $43 billion. FIS shareholders will end up holding 53% of the merged company, while Worldpay shareholders will own the remaining 47%. The deal is expected to close later this year. “Scale matters in our rapidly changing industry,” FIS CEO Gary Norcross said in the statement. “Our two powerhouse organizations will combine forces to offer a customer-driven combination of scale, global presence and the industry’s broadest range of global financial solutions.””
March 8, 2018
Worldpay Mobile Payment Journey
“16,000 people in 10 countries told us what they expect when paying on mobile.”
Give us your email address or link to our RSS feed and we’ll push the daily Payments News headlines to you.
Top Stories from Payments News
- Payments on Fire®: Episode 203 – What Big Data Revealed About BNPL Consumers with Kristin Carlson and Zach Tondre, LexisNexis Risk Solutions
- Alipay Now Supports Users to Link Alipay to Their Apple ID in a One-stop Way Within Its App
- Kasisto Launches KAI-GPT, the First Banking Industry-Specific Large Language Model
- China's UnionPay Surpasses Visa with Largest Market Share of Debit Card Transactions: Nilson Report
- Payment Card Volume Topped $40 Trillion Worldwide in 2022
- Payments on Fire®: Episode 202 – Innovating at the Intersection of BNPL and Embedded Commerce with Bobby Tzekin, Founder and CEO of Wisetack
- New York Fed and Monetary Authority of Singapore Publish Results of Joint Wholesale Cross-Border Payments Research Study
- Payments On Fire® Podcast: Episode 201 – Fintechs, Banks, and the Companies Joining Them Together – In Conversation with Tarun Gupta, Jump Capital, and Chris Uriarte, Glenbrook Partners
- Payments Post #3: Glenbrook’s April Roundup
- Building International Payment Systems: A Conversation with Glenbrook’s Elizabeth McQuerry
Glenbrook Payments Boot camp®
Register for the next Glenbrook Payments Boot Camp®
An intensive and comprehensive overview of the payments industry.
Train your Team
Customized, private Payments Boot Camps tailored to meet your team’s unique needs.
Recorded, one-hour videos covering a broad array of payments concepts.
Comprehensive books that detail the systems and innovations shaping the payments industry.