A leading payments industry news source for more than 17 years. Glenbrook curates the news and keeps you abreast of the important daily headlines in payments.

Search Payments News

February 2, 2024

On the wires

July 6, 2023

On the wires

GTCR to Acquire Majority Stake in Worldpay

PR Newswire

"GTCR, a leading private equity firm, announced today that it has signed a definitive agreement to acquire a majority stake in Worldpay, a leading global provider of payment processing solutions, from FIS®, a global leader in financial services technology. GTCR will acquire 55% of Worldpay, and FIS will retain the remaining 45%, in a transaction that values the business at $18.5 billion."

May 31, 2023

On the wires

March 1, 2023

On the web

June 17, 2020

On the wires

Pay by Bank Account? Worldpay From FIS Enables Instant Payments From Your Bank Account Through Open Banking Hub

FIS® (NYSE: FIS), a global leader in merchant and financial services technology, today announced Open Banking Hub, an innovative new payment solution for its Worldpay merchant clients and their consumers. Merchants who enable this digital bank account payment method in their online stores can allow their consumers to pay for purchases directly from their bank account, while also allowing consumers to view their bank account balance in real time during the checkout process. Because the new solution routes users directly to their personal bank to authorize payment, they never have to enter card or account information into a third-party site.

May 5, 2020

On the wires

July 19, 2019

On the wires

Worldpay Joins IATA’s Strategic Partnership Program

Worldpay Press Room

“Worldpay (UK) Limited has joined the International Air Transport Association (IATA) Strategic Partnership Program and has become the largest global acquirer to connect into the IATA Financial Gateway (IFG). By joining the Fintech and Payments Services Strategic Partnership Program, Worldpay will contribute to the creation of IATA policies and regulations on behalf of its member airlines. The leading payments technology company brings 25 years of airline payments experience to consult on compliance with regulations (e.g., PSD2 and Strong Cardholder Authentication), diverse payment methods, the passenger payment experience and trends within the travel space.”

March 18, 2019

Top Post

FIS Is Buying Worldpay for $43 Billion to Form Payments Giant


“The new entity, which will have annual revenue of more than $12 billion, will be better placed to serve the world’s growing e-commerce industry, the two US companies said in a statement Monday. FIS is offering Worldpay shareholders a mix of cash and stock to make the deal happen. It will assume Worldpay’s debt as part of the agreement that values the company at $43 billion. FIS shareholders will end up holding 53% of the merged company, while Worldpay shareholders will own the remaining 47%. The deal is expected to close later this year. “Scale matters in our rapidly changing industry,” FIS CEO Gary Norcross said in the statement. “Our two powerhouse organizations will combine forces to offer a customer-driven combination of scale, global presence and the industry’s broadest range of global financial solutions.””

March 8, 2018

Top Post

Payments News

Give us your email address or link to our RSS feed and we’ll push the daily Payments News headlines to you.

Glenbrook Payments Boot camp®

Register for the next Glenbrook Payments Boot Camp®

An intensive and comprehensive overview of the payments industry.

Train your Team

Customized, private Payments Boot Camps tailored to meet your team’s unique needs.

OnDemand Modules

Recorded, one-hour videos covering a broad array of payments concepts.

Glenbrook Press

Comprehensive books that detail the systems and innovations shaping the payments industry.