A leading payments industry news source for more than 17 years. Glenbrook curates the news and keeps you abreast of the important daily headlines in payments.
Search Payments News
January 31, 2023
On the web
November 29, 2022
On the wires
“New research from Trulioo, a leading global digital identity verification platform, shows that 87% of online marketplace leaders view identity verification as critical to protecting consumers and building trust during unpredictable times. Those respondents also overwhelmingly see identity verification as more than just a single step during onboarding, with 90% saying it should be continuous throughout the customer journey. The research, highlighted in the “Wary Customers Seek Reassurance From Online Marketplaces” report, reveals that consumers want online brands to do more to protect them against fraud and identity theft. It found that for 73% of consumers, online security is a bigger consideration than it was three years ago. The research also found: 57% of consumers are more tolerant of identity verification; 85% say online brands that invest in the best identity verification show they care about their customers; 75% of online marketplace leaders acknowledge digital trust has eroded during the past three years and consumers are on higher alert; 58% of those marketplace respondents report their organization added more identity verification steps to adapt quickly to fraud and cybercrime threat.”
November 9, 2022
On the web
“New research from Trulioo, a leader in global identity verification, shows consumers consider identity verification vital and reassuring during onboarding and throughout their relationship with crypto exchanges. The research, highlighted in the “Crypto customers call for reassurance in uncertain times” report, reveals that 70% of crypto users feel more at risk from cybercrime than they did two years ago, and 75% say they’re on higher alert when dealing with companies online. The long-standing goal has been to deliver near frictionless customer onboarding, but consumer expectations are shifting toward some friction to provide security reassurance.”
Give us your email address or link to our RSS feed and we’ll push the daily Payments News headlines to you.
Top Stories from Payments News
- Nacha Launches New Campaign Highlighting the Many People Benefiting from Direct Deposit
- Linux Foundation Launches Tazama for Real Time Fraud Management
- Mastercard Open Banking Enhances the Debit and Prepaid Digital Account Opening Experience
- Pagos Unveils Dual Industry Breakthroughs: Payments Benchmarking & Unified Payments Data Stream
- A Colossal $159 Billion Lost to Fraud and Scams, Finds New Research From Feedzai and the Global Anti-scam Alliance
- Walmart to Let Customers “Buy Now, Pay Later” at Self-Checkouts
- Two-Thirds of Americans Have Decreased Spending Due to Economy, Wells Fargo Money Study Finds
- Netflix Confirms It’s Cutting off Apple Billing for Legacy Subscribers
- Visa Says Palm Biometric Payments Have Promising Future
- Biometric Payment Cards Launching in Japan, Turkey
Glenbrook Payments Boot camp®
Register for the next Glenbrook Payments Boot Camp®
An intensive and comprehensive overview of the payments industry.
Train your Team
Customized, private Payments Boot Camps tailored to meet your team’s unique needs.
Recorded, one-hour videos covering a broad array of payments concepts.
Comprehensive books that detail the systems and innovations shaping the payments industry.