A leading payments industry news source for more than 17 years. Glenbrook curates the news and keeps you abreast of the important daily headlines in payments.
Search Payments News
December 16, 2019
On the web
CULedger Completes Blockchain Identity Pilot With Three US Credit Unions
“CULedger claims that MyCUID users can verify their identity by using a biometric function on their smart phone, such as voice, fingerprint or facial recognition. The vendor says that data from its pilot indicated that the average time to verify a member’s identity had been reduced from the industry average of more than 50 seconds to ten or less. “As financial cooperatives, credit unions are more inclined to work together than their bank counterparts in order to best serve their members’ needs,” said John Ainsworth, president and CEO of CULedger.”
September 25, 2018
On the web
2018 Payment Security Report
“Lack of sustainable control environments remains a top contributor and precursor to ineffective controls, which in turn become susceptible to data breaches. Organizations achieve sustainable PCI Security compliance when they demonstrate a consistent capability to maintain ongoing operation of all required security controls within their compliance environment.”
September 5, 2018
On the web
PIN-on-Glass Specialist MyPINPad Secures a Spot on the Thales Hardware Security Module
Digital Transactions News
“MyPINPad says the Thales payShield 9000 HSM is used in an estimated 80% of payment card transactions. HSMs provide PIN protection and validation, transactions processing, mobile and payment card issuance, and key management, Paris-based Thales says.”
Give us your email address or link to our RSS feed and we’ll push the daily Payments News headlines to you.
Top Stories from Payments News
- Payments on Fire®: Episode 203 – What Big Data Revealed About BNPL Consumers with Kristin Carlson and Zach Tondre, LexisNexis Risk Solutions
- Alipay Now Supports Users to Link Alipay to Their Apple ID in a One-stop Way Within Its App
- Kasisto Launches KAI-GPT, the First Banking Industry-Specific Large Language Model
- China's UnionPay Surpasses Visa with Largest Market Share of Debit Card Transactions: Nilson Report
- Payment Card Volume Topped $40 Trillion Worldwide in 2022
- Payments on Fire®: Episode 202 – Innovating at the Intersection of BNPL and Embedded Commerce with Bobby Tzekin, Founder and CEO of Wisetack
- New York Fed and Monetary Authority of Singapore Publish Results of Joint Wholesale Cross-Border Payments Research Study
- Payments On Fire® Podcast: Episode 201 – Fintechs, Banks, and the Companies Joining Them Together – In Conversation with Tarun Gupta, Jump Capital, and Chris Uriarte, Glenbrook Partners
- Payments Post #3: Glenbrook’s April Roundup
- Building International Payment Systems: A Conversation with Glenbrook’s Elizabeth McQuerry
Glenbrook Payments Boot camp®
Register for the next Glenbrook Payments Boot Camp®
An intensive and comprehensive overview of the payments industry.
Train your Team
Customized, private Payments Boot Camps tailored to meet your team’s unique needs.
Recorded, one-hour videos covering a broad array of payments concepts.
Comprehensive books that detail the systems and innovations shaping the payments industry.