A leading payments industry news source for more than 17 years. Glenbrook curates the news and keeps you abreast of the important daily headlines in payments.
Search Payments News
May 27, 2020
On the wires
Introducing Samsung Money by SoFi: Do More With Your Money
“Samsung Electronics America, Inc., today unveiled Samsung Money by SoFi, a new mobile-first money management experience that brings a cash management account and accompanying Mastercard debit card along with exclusive benefits to Samsung Pay, in partnership with innovative fintech company SoFi. The account is secure, with no account fees and rewards users for saving—earning higher interest relative to the national average of transactional accounts. At a time when people are turning to their technology to take care of essential tasks without leaving home, Samsung Money by SoFi makes it easier for them to manage more of their financial life in the Samsung Pay app.”
March 6, 2020
On the wires
Uphold Launches World-First Multi-Asset Account and Debit Card
“Uphold, a leading digital money platform that has powered more than $5 billion in transactions across 180 countries, today announces the world’s first multi-asset account with an affiliated debit card that allows users to seamlessly convert multiple funding sources, including Bitcoin, XRP, BAT, and Gold into fiat currency, to spend everywhere Mastercard is accepted, as well as withdraw cash at virtually all ATMs worldwide.”
October 30, 2019
On the web
Starling Bank Launches Two-in-one Euro Debit Card – AltFi News
“This morning Starling unveiled a new feature to quickly let account holders convert their existing Starling debit card into a euro debit card with only a few taps. The feature works by letting the card detect the currency being used, and automatically switching between either Pounds or Euros. “A single card that can buy things in both Euros and Pounds is long overdue and something that we know our customers will value both in their personal and business lives,” said Starling’s CEO Anne Boden.“
October 9, 2019
On the web
Expensify Launches Corporate Card: Business Travel News
Business Travel News
“Expensify is launching a corporate card that links directly to the company’s expense system, obviating the need for corporate clients’ employees to submit receipts for reimbursement. The company’s new Visa-branded Expensify Card, issued by Sutton Bank, represents a return to form for the expense company, which launched in 2008 as a debit card to help small and midsize enterprises track expenses. The company subsequently shifted focus to its companion expense reporting system as it scaled up to serve larger corporate clients.”
August 6, 2018
On the web
The time is now for banks to issue contactless cards
Mobile Payments Today
“While contactless cards have had their fits and starts over the past few years in the U.S., a recent study from A.T. Kearney urges banks en masse to begin issuing plastic with the technology now that the merchants have the necessary payment terminals and consumers are more aware of the “tap” thanks to NFC-enabled mobile payments. “
On the wires
CONTACTLESS PAYMENTS TO REPRESENT 1 IN 3 IN-STORE TRANSACTIONS GLOBALLY BY 2020
“New data from leading fintech analysts, Juniper Research, estimates that driven by payment cards and mobile wallets, in-store contactless payments will reach $2 trillion by 2020, representing 15% of the total point of sale transactions. Contactless payments will exceed the $1 trillion mark for the first time in 2018, a year earlier than previously anticipated by Juniper.”
Give us your email address or link to our RSS feed and we’ll push the daily Payments News headlines to you.
Top Stories from Payments News
- Payments on Fire®: Episode 203 – What Big Data Revealed About BNPL Consumers with Kristin Carlson and Zach Tondre, LexisNexis Risk Solutions
- Alipay Now Supports Users to Link Alipay to Their Apple ID in a One-stop Way Within Its App
- Kasisto Launches KAI-GPT, the First Banking Industry-Specific Large Language Model
- China's UnionPay Surpasses Visa with Largest Market Share of Debit Card Transactions: Nilson Report
- Payment Card Volume Topped $40 Trillion Worldwide in 2022
- Payments on Fire®: Episode 202 – Innovating at the Intersection of BNPL and Embedded Commerce with Bobby Tzekin, Founder and CEO of Wisetack
- New York Fed and Monetary Authority of Singapore Publish Results of Joint Wholesale Cross-Border Payments Research Study
- Payments On Fire® Podcast: Episode 201 – Fintechs, Banks, and the Companies Joining Them Together – In Conversation with Tarun Gupta, Jump Capital, and Chris Uriarte, Glenbrook Partners
- Payments Post #3: Glenbrook’s April Roundup
- Building International Payment Systems: A Conversation with Glenbrook’s Elizabeth McQuerry
Glenbrook Payments Boot camp®
Register for the next Glenbrook Payments Boot Camp®
An intensive and comprehensive overview of the payments industry.
Train your Team
Customized, private Payments Boot Camps tailored to meet your team’s unique needs.
Recorded, one-hour videos covering a broad array of payments concepts.
Comprehensive books that detail the systems and innovations shaping the payments industry.