A leading payments industry news source for more than 17 years. Glenbrook curates the news and keeps you abreast of the important daily headlines in payments.
Search Payments News
August 14, 2018
On the web
“The interactive payment card market has had a tough time gaining traction, but it’s getting a boost as GMO Aozora Net Bank plans to launch Dynamics Inc.’s battery-powered interactive debit and cash card to its customers next year. The new Visa card features a touch sensitive keypad and digital display as well as magnetic strip, contact and contactless EMV functionality.”
August 6, 2018
On the wires
“New data from leading fintech analysts, Juniper Research, estimates that driven by payment cards and mobile wallets, in-store contactless payments will reach $2 trillion by 2020, representing 15% of the total point of sale transactions. Contactless payments will exceed the $1 trillion mark for the first time in 2018, a year earlier than previously anticipated by Juniper.”
April 11, 2018
On the wires
“ParTech, Inc. (PAR), a leading global provider of point of sale (POS) and workforce efficiency solutions to the restaurant and retail industries, announced the introduction of PAR Pay, a SaaS based EMV enabled transaction processing solution for processing credit, debit and store value cards. PAR Pay is seamlessly integrated as an extension of all PAR POS software solutions and supported by the PAR service infrastructure. PAR Pay will be available to all Brink and PixelPoint clients in June of this year.”
March 16, 2018
On the wires
“With the current suite of competitors’ metal cards, the metal interferes with the antennae making it difficult to execute contactless transactions. XCore Technologies’ Metal Core and full Metal cards solve this problem. They behave just like any standard Dual Interface PVC cards allowing users to swipe, insert, or tap from any orientation.”
March 1, 2018
On the wires
US Payments Forum Provides Updated Guidance for US EMV Contact and Contactless Acceptance Testing and Certification Processes in Revised White Paper
“The U.S. Payments Forum has updated its resource, “EMV Testing and Certification White Paper: Current Global Payment Network Requirements for the U.S. Acquiring Community.” The revision includes new information on EMV contactless testing and certification requirements and processes, as well as updates to contact requirements from the global payment networks.”
Give us your email address or link to our RSS feed and we’ll push the daily Payments News headlines to you.
Top Stories from Payments News
- Ghipss CEO: Real-Time Payments Is Now 65% Of Transactions on Our Platform
- Mastercard: Consumers Too Comfortable with Cash for CBDCs to Take Off
- US Consumer Watchdog Hands Wall Street Rare Win With Big Tech Crackdown
- Visa Australia Proposes Preferential Interchange Rate for SMEs
- Apple Highlights Apple Pay Card Balance Feature in UK, as It Begins Slow US Rollout
- Adyen Launches Capital for Australia Platform Customers
- New Visa Report Tells Consumers to Stay Alert this Holiday Shopping Season
- Payments-App War Drags Banks Into Discomfort Zone
- Generation Alpha Set to Be Most Entrepreneurial Yet, as New Research Reveals Expectations for a World of ‘Ultimate Convenience’
- Payments Views: 6 Generative AI Payments Use Cases and 6 Actions to Evaluate your GenAI Strategy
Glenbrook Payments Boot camp®
Register for the next Glenbrook Payments Boot Camp®
An intensive and comprehensive overview of the payments industry.
Train your Team
Customized, private Payments Boot Camps tailored to meet your team’s unique needs.
Recorded, one-hour videos covering a broad array of payments concepts.
Comprehensive books that detail the systems and innovations shaping the payments industry.