A leading payments industry news source for more than 17 years. Glenbrook curates the news and keeps you abreast of the important daily headlines in payments.
Search Payments News
August 14, 2018
On the web
Dynamics’ high-tech card picks up bank support in Japan
“The interactive payment card market has had a tough time gaining traction, but it’s getting a boost as GMO Aozora Net Bank plans to launch Dynamics Inc.’s battery-powered interactive debit and cash card to its customers next year. The new Visa card features a touch sensitive keypad and digital display as well as magnetic strip, contact and contactless EMV functionality.”
August 6, 2018
On the wires
CONTACTLESS PAYMENTS TO REPRESENT 1 IN 3 IN-STORE TRANSACTIONS GLOBALLY BY 2020
“New data from leading fintech analysts, Juniper Research, estimates that driven by payment cards and mobile wallets, in-store contactless payments will reach $2 trillion by 2020, representing 15% of the total point of sale transactions. Contactless payments will exceed the $1 trillion mark for the first time in 2018, a year earlier than previously anticipated by Juniper.”
April 11, 2018
On the wires
PAR Technology Introduces PAR Pay for all PAR POS Software Solutions
“ParTech, Inc. (PAR), a leading global provider of point of sale (POS) and workforce efficiency solutions to the restaurant and retail industries, announced the introduction of PAR Pay, a SaaS based EMV enabled transaction processing solution for processing credit, debit and store value cards. PAR Pay is seamlessly integrated as an extension of all PAR POS software solutions and supported by the PAR service infrastructure. PAR Pay will be available to all Brink and PixelPoint clients in June of this year.”
March 16, 2018
On the wires
Swipe, Insert, and Tap Comes to Metal Cards With XCore’s Proprietary Contactless Technology
“With the current suite of competitors’ metal cards, the metal interferes with the antennae making it difficult to execute contactless transactions. XCore Technologies’ Metal Core and full Metal cards solve this problem. They behave just like any standard Dual Interface PVC cards allowing users to swipe, insert, or tap from any orientation.”
March 1, 2018
On the wires
US Payments Forum Provides Updated Guidance for US EMV Contact and Contactless Acceptance Testing and Certification Processes in Revised White Paper
“The U.S. Payments Forum has updated its resource, “EMV Testing and Certification White Paper: Current Global Payment Network Requirements for the U.S. Acquiring Community.” The revision includes new information on EMV contactless testing and certification requirements and processes, as well as updates to contact requirements from the global payment networks.”
Give us your email address or link to our RSS feed and we’ll push the daily Payments News headlines to you.
Top Stories from Payments News
- Payments on Fire®: Episode 203 – What Big Data Revealed About BNPL Consumers with Kristin Carlson and Zach Tondre, LexisNexis Risk Solutions
- Alipay Now Supports Users to Link Alipay to Their Apple ID in a One-stop Way Within Its App
- Kasisto Launches KAI-GPT, the First Banking Industry-Specific Large Language Model
- China's UnionPay Surpasses Visa with Largest Market Share of Debit Card Transactions: Nilson Report
- Payment Card Volume Topped $40 Trillion Worldwide in 2022
- Payments on Fire®: Episode 202 – Innovating at the Intersection of BNPL and Embedded Commerce with Bobby Tzekin, Founder and CEO of Wisetack
- New York Fed and Monetary Authority of Singapore Publish Results of Joint Wholesale Cross-Border Payments Research Study
- Payments On Fire® Podcast: Episode 201 – Fintechs, Banks, and the Companies Joining Them Together – In Conversation with Tarun Gupta, Jump Capital, and Chris Uriarte, Glenbrook Partners
- Payments Post #3: Glenbrook’s April Roundup
- Building International Payment Systems: A Conversation with Glenbrook’s Elizabeth McQuerry
Glenbrook Payments Boot camp®
Register for the next Glenbrook Payments Boot Camp®
An intensive and comprehensive overview of the payments industry.
Train your Team
Customized, private Payments Boot Camps tailored to meet your team’s unique needs.
Recorded, one-hour videos covering a broad array of payments concepts.
Comprehensive books that detail the systems and innovations shaping the payments industry.