A leading payments industry news source for more than 17 years. Glenbrook curates the news and keeps you abreast of the important daily headlines in payments.
Search Payments News
January 5, 2022
On the wires
“Nuvei Corporation (“Nuvei” or the “Company”) (Nasdaq: NVEI) (TSX: NVEI) the global payment technology partner of thriving brands, has announced today its capability enhancement which enables international merchants to accept local payment methods in 10 Latin American countries in addition to international card schemes and alternative payment methods (APMs). The Company’s newly introduced solution will support local card schemes and alternative payment options, streamlining the setup needed to support local payment methods, while boosting acceptance rates. This includes settlement in local currency, settlement in non-Latin American currencies, regional settlement, or a combination of all three.”
June 10, 2021
On the web
Wall Street Journal
“European growth investor HPE Growth has collected €160 million (roughly $194.8 million) to support an increasingly popular deal structure that gives the firm more time to support PPRO Financial Ltd., a cross-border payments infrastructure technology company the firm initially backed in 2014. HPE Growth, which invests in small and medium-size technology companies across Western Europe, is recapitalizing London-based PPRO, pronounced as “P-pro.”…PPRO helps consumers pay for online transactions using local payment methods they are familiar with and serves companies such as Citibank Inc., PayPal Holdings Inc. , Mollie BV and Mastercard Payment Gateway Services. HPE Growth first backed the company out of its debut growth-equity fund, which closed in 2011.”
Give us your email address or link to our RSS feed and we’ll push the daily Payments News headlines to you.
Top Stories from Payments News
- Ghipss CEO: Real-Time Payments Is Now 65% Of Transactions on Our Platform
- Mastercard: Consumers Too Comfortable with Cash for CBDCs to Take Off
- US Consumer Watchdog Hands Wall Street Rare Win With Big Tech Crackdown
- Visa Australia Proposes Preferential Interchange Rate for SMEs
- Apple Highlights Apple Pay Card Balance Feature in UK, as It Begins Slow US Rollout
- Adyen Launches Capital for Australia Platform Customers
- New Visa Report Tells Consumers to Stay Alert this Holiday Shopping Season
- Payments-App War Drags Banks Into Discomfort Zone
- Generation Alpha Set to Be Most Entrepreneurial Yet, as New Research Reveals Expectations for a World of ‘Ultimate Convenience’
- Payments Views: 6 Generative AI Payments Use Cases and 6 Actions to Evaluate your GenAI Strategy
Glenbrook Payments Boot camp®
Register for the next Glenbrook Payments Boot Camp®
An intensive and comprehensive overview of the payments industry.
Train your Team
Customized, private Payments Boot Camps tailored to meet your team’s unique needs.
Recorded, one-hour videos covering a broad array of payments concepts.
Comprehensive books that detail the systems and innovations shaping the payments industry.