A leading payments industry news source for more than 17 years. Glenbrook curates the news and keeps you abreast of the important daily headlines in payments.
Search Payments News
May 8, 2019
On the web
“Which payment method holds the dubious distinction of racking up the fastest growth in fraud last year? According to the latest annual fraud report from the Association for Financial Professionals, it’s debits and credits on the automated clearing house network. In fact, the ACH was the only payment method examined in the report that registered an increase in fraud in 2018. Some 33% of responding organizations said they had been the victims of actual or attempted fraud on ACH debits last year, up from 28% in 2017. Meanwhile, 20% reported being the targets of ACH credit fraud, up markedly from 13%.”
April 11, 2019
“Some 33% of responding organizations said they had been the victims of actual or attempted fraud on ACH debits last year, up from 28% in 2017. Meanwhile, 20% reported being the targets of ACH credit fraud, up markedly from 13%. Surprised? So was Magnus Carlsson, manager for treasury and payments at the Bethesda, Md.-based AFP, a trade group for financial managers in a wide variety of industries. The ACH results were “probably the most stunning numbers we saw in this report,” says Carlsson. Before releasing the study, Carlsson adds, “I went back to the research department and said, ‘You have to double-check these numbers.’””
August 13, 2018
On the web
Krebs on Security
“The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) is warning banks that cybercriminals are preparing to carry out a highly choreographed, global fraud scheme known as an “ATM cash-out,” in which crooks hack a bank or payment card processor and use cloned cards at cash machines around the world to fraudulently withdraw millions of dollars in just a few hours.”
April 16, 2018
On the wires
Guardian Analytics® to feature Same Day ACH Fraud Detection and ACH Fraud Analytics Solutions at NACHA’s PAYMENTS 2018
“Guardian Analytics, the #1 Financial Crime Investigation behavioral analytics and machine learning platform for banking payment fraud detection, enterprise B2B portal fraud and AML, today announced their attendance at PAYMENTS 2018, NACHA’s destination to learn about fast, secure and frictionless payments.”
Give us your email address or link to our RSS feed and we’ll push the daily Payments News headlines to you.
Top Stories from Payments News
- SmartMetric Says That, According to the Federal Reserve, Credit Cards Dominate the Payment Method Used by Consumers
- Retail Lending: Risk Management of 'Buy Now, Pay Later' Lending
- Citcon Partners with Alipay+ to Enable Cross-Border Mobile Payment for U.S. Retail Merchants
- Brazil's Pix Revolutionizes Digital Payments Landscape and Inspires LatAm Growth
- Reserve Bank of India Opens Talks With US, Hong Kong for Cross-Border CBDC Features
- Mastercard’s Breakthrough: Tokenizing CBDCs for Cross-Blockchain Transactions
- Bankservafrica and Unionpay International Launch a New Era for Card Processing in SA
- Safaricom Ethiopia and Chapa Launch Business-Focused Payment System
- Amazon Ends Acceptance of Venmo as Payment Method
- Jamie Dimon Lashes Out Against Crypto: ‘If I Was the Government, I’d Close It Down’
Glenbrook Payments Boot camp®
Register for the next Glenbrook Payments Boot Camp®
An intensive and comprehensive overview of the payments industry.
Train your Team
Customized, private Payments Boot Camps tailored to meet your team’s unique needs.
Recorded, one-hour videos covering a broad array of payments concepts.
Comprehensive books that detail the systems and innovations shaping the payments industry.