Glenbrook’s popular Payments Boot Camp® is a thorough overview of the payments industry, from the fundamentals to what’s new and on the horizon. It’s a fast-paced, focused, and fun way to get smart about payments.
“Over 90% of attendees say the Payments Boot Camp is ‘great’ – and say that it will increase their effectiveness on the job.”
Partner and Payments Education Program Manager, Glenbrook Partners, LLC
Glenbrook Payments Boot Camps® and workshops are conducted on-site/in-person and designed as small-group, interactive sessions. Attendees are encouraged to ask questions and there is ample opportunity to connect with the leaders and network with other participants. Dress is business casual, and laptops and other devices may be used during sessions.
Glenbrook’s three-day Virtual Payments Boot Camp® is just as interactive and educational as the on-site workshop, featuring breakout sessions, presentations, live Q&A’s, group exercises and real-time feedback. In creating the perfect virtual environment, the Payments Boot Camp® has been restructured into half-day sessions spread across three days. Access to group chats and breakout rooms will help you take detailed questions offline or speak one-on-one with Glenbrook workshop leaders.
You’re new to the payments world – perhaps working as a payments professional for a merchant. Or having transitioned into a role in payments for a bank. You’re looking for an opportunity to ramp your knowledge quickly and gain a perspective on how we got here – and what’s ahead. This is what we do best. Join us for one of our Payments Boot Camps – you’ll learn quickly!
Payments Boot Camp® and workshop attendees enjoy opportunities to connect with other people in the industry, as well as with the Glenbrook team. Most two-day events have a networking reception at the end of the first day, and there are always chances to network during lunches and breaks.
Glenbrook’s Payments Education Program is useful both for experienced managers, who often want to be updated on what’s happening in areas outside of their immediate domain, and for newcomers, who need a broad overview of the U.S. payments systems to create a context for their work.
Over 23,000 payments professionals have attended Glenbrook workshops. Attendees have included product, strategy, and sales managers, technology, operations, and risk managers, investors, inventors, and analysts, management teams from payments startups.
Glenbrook’s agenda is structured to ensure that you understand how the industry works as a whole. We emphasize the economics – so that you understand how money is made in the industry, and by whom.
Payments Systems Overview
• Industry definitions, payments domains
• Key concepts – open/closed, push/pull, chain of liability
• How payments systems differ
• Risk in payments
• Payments systems economics
Perspectives on Users and Providers
• End-User perspectives – Consumers, Merchants
• Provider perspectives – Banks, Networks, Processors, PSPs
• Other constituents – Regulators
• Cards – Core concepts, value chains, transaction flow, technology, economics
• Checks – Value chain, checking imaging, remote deposit capture, volume trend
• ACH – Value chain, transaction flow, direct debit risk model, volume, and trends
• Wires – Value chain, economics, major players, and trends
• Faster Payments – Processing model and components, Zelle vs RTP vs FedNow
• Cash – Usage trends, ATM networks, and digital currencies
• Local country payments systems – models, common elements, variables
• Cross-border payments – international wires; cross-border card processing
• Market drivers, building blocks and key trends
• Opening banking APIs, how payment data is used, artificial intelligence
• Domain overview, monetization strategies, key trends for each domain
• POS ¬– NFC payments, mobile POS, Square Case Study
• Online Commerce – Digital wallets, Secure Remote Commerce (SRC)
• Bill Pay – Variation in biller, bank, and consumer-centric models
• P2P – Open vs Closed Processing Models, Venmo vs Cash App
• B2B – B2B fundamentals, buyer-seller payment dynamics
• Income – Disbursements, payouts, and card push payments
Fees, billing, discounts, refunds
The standard Payments Boot Camp® registration fee is $2295 per person.
Bundle and save $300! The optional Insight Workshop fee is reduced from $995 to $695 per person when you register for the Payments Boot Camp® PLUS the corresponding Insight Workshop.
Fees do not include:
Payments / Billing
Glenbrook accepts American Express, Discover, MasterCard, PayPal and Visa for payment upon registration. If required, payment may be made by an invoice sent to your company – with our prior approval. Please contact us to obtain approval for invoice billing.
Glenbrook client discounts:
* Only one discount code may be used per person. Discounts may not be combined with any other sale, promotion, discount, code, coupon, and/or offer.
Payments Boot Camp® and workshop registrants may cancel their registration for a full refund if cancelled one month prior to the event. Refunds for cancellations within a month of the event will be considered on a case by case basis. In some cases, it may be possible to switch registration to an event at a later date.