Glenbrook Payments Boot Camp
Intense, Time-efficient, Comprehensive, Unbiased.
"Over 90% of attendees say the Payments Boot Camp is "great" - and say that it will increase their effectiveness on the job." -- Carol Coye Benson
Glenbrook's popular Payments Boot Camp is a two day “deep dive” into the payments industry, covering both the basics of the industry and the emerging payments landscape. Over 7,500 payments professionals have attended one of our workshops - join them!
The Classroom Experience
Glenbrook Payments Boot Camps and workshops are small-group sessions. We normally limit sessions to 45 people, and workshops are frequently smaller. Attendees are encouraged to ask questions during sessions, and there is ample opportunity at breaks, lunches, and, (for some Payments Boot Camps) at evening receptions to network with instructors and other attendees.
Dress is business casual, and laptops and other devices may be used during sessions.
Contact us to find out more.
Why would you come to Glenbrook? You're new to the payments world - perhaps working as a payments professional for a merchant. Or having transitioned into a role in payments for a bank. You're looking for an opportunity to ramp your knowledge quickly and gain a perspective on how we got here - and what's ahead. This is what we do best. Join us for one of our Payments Boot Camps - you'll learn quickly!
Glenbrook's agenda is structured to ensure that you understand how the industry works as a whole. We emphasize the economics - so that you understand how money is made in the industry, and by whom.
- Payments Systems: principles, definitions, “push” and “pull” payments, the domains of payments, how systems differ
- Perspectives: users (consumers and merchants), providers (banks, networks, processors, service providers), regulators, investors
- The card value chain: roles, functions, economics, interchange, issuing, acquiring, risk management
- Core payments value chains: ACH, Checking, Wires, Cash
- Recap and networking reception
- Global payments: local country payments systems, commonalities and differences, cross-border payments
- Emerging payments: Glenbrook’s framework for understanding emerging payments, “building blocks” for payments innovation, PayPal case study
- Mobile and online wallets, major players, new entrants
- The New POS: EMV, mobile card acceptance, mobile marketing, mobile cash registers
- P2P, virtual money, faster money
Glenbrook payments industry education courses are taught by Glenbrook's Partners - seasoned industry veterans with broad exposure to many facets of the payments industry.
Is the Payments Boot Camp right for you?
The Payments Boot Camp is useful both for experienced managers, who often want to be updated on what's happening in areas outside of their immediate domain, and for newcomers, who need a broad overview of the U.S. payments systems to create a context for their work.
Network with your peers!
Payments Boot Camp attendees enjoy opportunities to connect with other people in the industry, as well as with the Glenbrook team. Most two day events have a networking reception at the end of the first day, and there are always chances to network during lunches and breaks.
Over 7,500 payments professionals have attended Glenbrook events. Attendees have included:
- Product, strategy, and sales managers
- Technology, operations, and risk managers
- Investors, inventors, and analysts
- Management teams from payments start-ups
Past attendees have good words to share about Glenbrook Payments Boot Camp and Workshops.
"The content is highly relevant for anyone in the payments industry, even newbies and seasoned industry veterans."
-- Brian Grech, PayPal Corporate Strategy
"This is a must have for anyone wanting to be in the payments industry."
-- Dhiraj Sharda, Visa
"Every current or aspiring payment executive should attend."
-- David Dutch, CEO PayLease
"Sometimes you are in one specific area of payments - for me to be able to see the big picture was illuminating."
-- Hugo Cuevas-Mohr, IMTC (International Payments Assoc.)
"We now have a number of additional innovations to explore that would not of occured to us without our engagement with Glenbrook."
-- Ray Garcia, SVP Global Ops, Payfone
"Having made a change to a completely different industry, I was a newbie in payments space. My time with Glenbrook provided me with confidence I needed to look potential partners in the eye and speak their vocabulary."
-- Emilio Disanluciano, Jumio
"The presenters were knowledgable and engaging, and it was a great opportunity to network with people in the industry."
-- Todd Callow, Biz Dev, Intuit