A leading payments industry news source for more than 17 years. Glenbrook curates the news and keeps you abreast of the important daily headlines in payments.
Search Payments News
May 26, 2022
On the web
Visa and Western Union Kick-Off New Partnership in Consumer Banking With the Launch of WU+ in Romania and Germany
“Visa and Western Union today announce a new partnership in Germany and Romania, with the launch of WU+, the new integrated digital banking and international money transfer app. WU+ app customers will be able to open a digital bank account and pay across all channels with their Visa Debit card. Western Union, through its partnership with Visa, a global leader in payment technology, is enabling its customers to enjoy the benefits of a unique consumer banking offering. WU+ customers can hold a digital bank account in 13 currencies send and receive money internationally and instantly with other WU+ account holders, for free. At the same time, they can use their Visa Debit card, linked to their account, to pay for purchases where Visa cards are accepted. This means that the app’s users can access both Visa’s global network and Western Union’s vast global retail network for cash transactions.”
Give us your email address or link to our RSS feed and we’ll push the daily Payments News headlines to you.
Top Stories from Payments News
- Biometric Payment Cards Launching in Japan, Turkey
- TD Bank Launches "Tap to Pay on iPhone" for Small and Micro Businesses
- 4-in-6 Payment Products — Buy Now, Pay Later: Insights from New Survey Data
- Nearly 1 in 4 Americans With Debt Are Putting Less Money Toward Credit Card Payments: ‘People Are Really Struggling’
- Buy Now, Pay Early: 97.4% of Klarna Black Friday Purchases Paid off on Time or Early [UK]
- US Supreme Court Wrestles With Bid to Challenge Debit Card ‘Swipe Fee’ Rule
- Payments Views - Healthcare, meet Payments: When two complex industries collide
- Capital One to Buy Discover Financial in $35.3 Billion All-Stock Deal
- Adyen Teams up With Billie to Revolutionize B2B Payments in Europe
- Capital One Acquiring Discover Financial Services, Report Says
Glenbrook Payments Boot camp®
Register for the next Glenbrook Payments Boot Camp®
An intensive and comprehensive overview of the payments industry.
Train your Team
Customized, private Payments Boot Camps tailored to meet your team’s unique needs.
Recorded, one-hour videos covering a broad array of payments concepts.
Comprehensive books that detail the systems and innovations shaping the payments industry.