A leading payments industry news source for more than 17 years. Glenbrook curates the news and keeps you abreast of the important daily headlines in payments.
Search Payments News
June 16, 2021
On the wires
Verizon Introduces Financial Literacy Program for Kids, Offering Parents Peace of Mind
“Today, Verizon introduced a new tool for parents to help their kids as they take charge of their financial future. Starting today, Verizon and non-Verizon customers can try Verizon Family Money for 30 days on us— a new, easy-to-use app and prepaid debit card that allows kids to save, spend, earn, and become money-savvy. Parents can step back and watch their kids become financially responsible as they help manage from the sidelines. Verizon partnered with Galileo , the API standard for card issuing and digital banking, to create the fintech platform Family Money is built on. The Family Money Prepaid Visa Card is issued by Metropolitan Commercial Bank.”
April 22, 2020
On the wires
Blackhawk Network Selected by Rybbon to Provide Mobile Wallet-Enabled Prepaid Rewards
“Global branded payments provider Blackhawk Network announced an agreement with Rybbon, a leading digital rewards platform, to provide businesses with virtual open-loop Mastercard® reward options. Businesses can now use these rewards to engage customers digitally. Reward recipients can add these Mastercard rewards to mobile wallets from Apple Pay, Google Pay and Samsung Pay to make purchases with just the tap of their phone or smartwatch. According to Blackhawk’s research, digital prepaid rewards are efficient and preferred incentives when recipients want to receive rewards quickly—making them an incredibly effective business tool for marketing, research and employee programs.”
April 16, 2020
On the wires
How We’re Helping Walmart Customers Access Their Economic Impact Payment, Safely
“The IRS recently provided additional ways for stimulus recipients to set up direct deposit, so they can access their funds faster. But we know this does not provide a solution for customers who don’t have traditional bank accounts or, for other reasons, have come to rely on our stores to cash checks. We’ve waived monthly maintenance fees on the Walmart MoneyCard Reloadable Debit Card from April 10-June 30, encouraging customers to set up direct deposit and receive stimulus funds electronically. This offer applies to new MoneyCard customers who deposit $500 or more to their MoneyCard account. It also eliminates the need for individuals to leave their homes to cash or deposit paper checks.”
April 14, 2020
On the wires
CaixaBank and Global Payments Create a Joint Venture With a View to Leading the European Prepaid Services Market
“CaixaBank, the leading retail bank in Spain and, through CaixaBank Payments & Consumer, the market leader in cards and payment solutions, is joining forces with Global Payments, a leading worldwide provider of payment technology and software solutions, to create a new company, through its Netspend business, with the potential to lead the prepaid services sector across Europe. The joint venture will operate under the MoneyToPay brand, through which CaixaBank has developed the prepaid market in Spain and achieved one of the highest turnovers in Europe in this sector, with a total of almost 2 million cards and a sales volume of over €700 million.”
Give us your email address or link to our RSS feed and we’ll push the daily Payments News headlines to you.
Top Stories from Payments News
- Payments on Fire®: Episode 203 – What Big Data Revealed About BNPL Consumers with Kristin Carlson and Zach Tondre, LexisNexis Risk Solutions
- Alipay Now Supports Users to Link Alipay to Their Apple ID in a One-stop Way Within Its App
- Kasisto Launches KAI-GPT, the First Banking Industry-Specific Large Language Model
- China's UnionPay Surpasses Visa with Largest Market Share of Debit Card Transactions: Nilson Report
- Payment Card Volume Topped $40 Trillion Worldwide in 2022
- Payments on Fire®: Episode 202 – Innovating at the Intersection of BNPL and Embedded Commerce with Bobby Tzekin, Founder and CEO of Wisetack
- New York Fed and Monetary Authority of Singapore Publish Results of Joint Wholesale Cross-Border Payments Research Study
- Payments On Fire® Podcast: Episode 201 – Fintechs, Banks, and the Companies Joining Them Together – In Conversation with Tarun Gupta, Jump Capital, and Chris Uriarte, Glenbrook Partners
- Payments Post #3: Glenbrook’s April Roundup
- Building International Payment Systems: A Conversation with Glenbrook’s Elizabeth McQuerry
Glenbrook Payments Boot camp®
Register for the next Glenbrook Payments Boot Camp®
An intensive and comprehensive overview of the payments industry.
Train your Team
Customized, private Payments Boot Camps tailored to meet your team’s unique needs.
Recorded, one-hour videos covering a broad array of payments concepts.
Comprehensive books that detail the systems and innovations shaping the payments industry.