A leading payments industry news source for more than 17 years. Glenbrook curates the news and keeps you abreast of the important daily headlines in payments.
Search Payments News
September 19, 2022
On the web
How to Prepare for New PCI DSS 4.0 Requirements
“The upcoming changes to the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) will affect every organization that stores, transmits, or processes cardholder data and/or sensitive authentication data. Effective starting in March 2024, the new standard, known as PCI DSS 4.0, spans dozens of changes in areas including risk assessment, how keys and certificates are managed, and what can be accessed remotely. The update will also impact identity and access management (IAM) and the technologies used for email filtering, anti-malware, multi-factor authentication (MFA), security information and event management (SIEM), as well as application development.”
October 13, 2020
On the wires
PCI Pal® Announces Strategic Alliance with Stripe to Rapidly Deploy Payment Security Deployments
“PCI Pal ®, the global provider of cloud-based secure payment solutions, has today announced an alliance with the global payment services provider, Stripe. For organizations already using Stripe’s range of payment infrastructure services for web-based businesses, they can now quickly deploy PCI Pal’s security solutions to ensure payment collections are handled in accordance with the very latest PCI DSS rules.”
October 6, 2020
On the web
Payment Card Security Remains Lax, Says Verizon Business Report
“Payment security is getting weaker as 27.9% of global organizations were in full compliance with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS), according to Verizon. The Verizon Business 2020 Payment Security Report highlights that PCI DSS compliance is down 27.5% from 2016. Full PCI DSS compliance meets 12 requirements.”
Give us your email address or link to our RSS feed and we’ll push the daily Payments News headlines to you.
Top Stories from Payments News
- Payments on Fire®: Episode 203 – What Big Data Revealed About BNPL Consumers with Kristin Carlson and Zach Tondre, LexisNexis Risk Solutions
- Alipay Now Supports Users to Link Alipay to Their Apple ID in a One-stop Way Within Its App
- Kasisto Launches KAI-GPT, the First Banking Industry-Specific Large Language Model
- China's UnionPay Surpasses Visa with Largest Market Share of Debit Card Transactions: Nilson Report
- Payment Card Volume Topped $40 Trillion Worldwide in 2022
- Payments on Fire®: Episode 202 – Innovating at the Intersection of BNPL and Embedded Commerce with Bobby Tzekin, Founder and CEO of Wisetack
- New York Fed and Monetary Authority of Singapore Publish Results of Joint Wholesale Cross-Border Payments Research Study
- Payments On Fire® Podcast: Episode 201 – Fintechs, Banks, and the Companies Joining Them Together – In Conversation with Tarun Gupta, Jump Capital, and Chris Uriarte, Glenbrook Partners
- Payments Post #3: Glenbrook’s April Roundup
- Building International Payment Systems: A Conversation with Glenbrook’s Elizabeth McQuerry
Glenbrook Payments Boot camp®
Register for the next Glenbrook Payments Boot Camp®
An intensive and comprehensive overview of the payments industry.
Train your Team
Customized, private Payments Boot Camps tailored to meet your team’s unique needs.
Recorded, one-hour videos covering a broad array of payments concepts.
Comprehensive books that detail the systems and innovations shaping the payments industry.