A leading payments industry news source for more than 17 years. Glenbrook curates the news and keeps you abreast of the important daily headlines in payments.
Search Payments News
October 16, 2023
On the web
September 19, 2022
On the web
“The upcoming changes to the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) will affect every organization that stores, transmits, or processes cardholder data and/or sensitive authentication data. Effective starting in March 2024, the new standard, known as PCI DSS 4.0, spans dozens of changes in areas including risk assessment, how keys and certificates are managed, and what can be accessed remotely. The update will also impact identity and access management (IAM) and the technologies used for email filtering, anti-malware, multi-factor authentication (MFA), security information and event management (SIEM), as well as application development.”
October 13, 2020
On the wires
“PCI Pal ®, the global provider of cloud-based secure payment solutions, has today announced an alliance with the global payment services provider, Stripe. For organizations already using Stripe’s range of payment infrastructure services for web-based businesses, they can now quickly deploy PCI Pal’s security solutions to ensure payment collections are handled in accordance with the very latest PCI DSS rules.”
October 6, 2020
On the web
“Payment security is getting weaker as 27.9% of global organizations were in full compliance with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS), according to Verizon. The Verizon Business 2020 Payment Security Report highlights that PCI DSS compliance is down 27.5% from 2016. Full PCI DSS compliance meets 12 requirements.”
Give us your email address or link to our RSS feed and we’ll push the daily Payments News headlines to you.
Top Stories from Payments News
- Ghipss CEO: Real-Time Payments Is Now 65% Of Transactions on Our Platform
- Mastercard: Consumers Too Comfortable with Cash for CBDCs to Take Off
- US Consumer Watchdog Hands Wall Street Rare Win With Big Tech Crackdown
- Visa Australia Proposes Preferential Interchange Rate for SMEs
- Apple Highlights Apple Pay Card Balance Feature in UK, as It Begins Slow US Rollout
- Adyen Launches Capital for Australia Platform Customers
- New Visa Report Tells Consumers to Stay Alert this Holiday Shopping Season
- Payments-App War Drags Banks Into Discomfort Zone
- Generation Alpha Set to Be Most Entrepreneurial Yet, as New Research Reveals Expectations for a World of ‘Ultimate Convenience’
- Payments Views: 6 Generative AI Payments Use Cases and 6 Actions to Evaluate your GenAI Strategy
Glenbrook Payments Boot camp®
Register for the next Glenbrook Payments Boot Camp®
An intensive and comprehensive overview of the payments industry.
Train your Team
Customized, private Payments Boot Camps tailored to meet your team’s unique needs.
Recorded, one-hour videos covering a broad array of payments concepts.
Comprehensive books that detail the systems and innovations shaping the payments industry.