A leading payments industry news source for more than 17 years. Glenbrook curates the news and keeps you abreast of the important daily headlines in payments.
Search Payments News
September 21, 2023
On the wires
Nine of 10 Companies Face Problems with Payment Operations, 39% Still Manual, New Modern Treasury Research Reveals
April 28, 2023
April 17, 2023
On the wires
Modern Treasury Announces Reconciliation Engine to Drive Greater Efficiency and Financial Transparency for Companies
March 2, 2023
On the web
Modern Treasury Announces Global ACH Capabilities to Provide Customers with Access to Lower Cost Cross-Border Payments
October 11, 2022
On the web
Almost 9 of 10 Companies Face Problems with Existing Payment Systems, New Modern Treasury Research Shows
“Modern Treasury, a software platform that helps companies modernize money movement, released new research today, conducted by the Harris Poll, showing that 88% of financial decision makers feel that their company faces problems with their payment operations given high rates of payment failures, returns or refunds, a low rate of accurate payment reconciliation, and data quality errors. Managing payments is still too cumbersome, with 69% of financial decision makers saying it takes too long, up from 61% last year, indicates the second annual “Money’s Next Move: The State of Payment Ops” survey of companies with 500 to 4,999 employees. Four of 10 financial decision makers (40%) describe payment operations as manual, up from 33% last year. Of the 88% reporting problems with payment systems, approximately one-third cite a lack of real-time insight into cash balances (30%) and experience high rates of payment returns or refunds (28%).”
Give us your email address or link to our RSS feed and we’ll push the daily Payments News headlines to you.
Top Stories from Payments News
- Sibos TV: Better Preparing for T+1 Settlements [Video]
- Transaction Trends: How Real-Time Payments are Driving Innovation in the B2B Space [Video]
- How Much Will Payment Providers Have to Refund APP Fraud Victims [UK]?
- Stripe Launches the Biggest Set of Upgrades Yet for Its Optimized Checkout Suite
- As Klarna Aspires to be a Global Bank, Affiliate Marketing is its Cash Cow
- Sibos TV: Harmonising Payment Messaging for ISO 20022 [Video]
- Visa and Swift Team Up to Enhance Transparency, Speed and Security in Global B2B Money Movement
- Sibos TV: The Progress to Come in Cross-Border Payments [Video]
- How Will Artificial Intelligence Boost the Business of Payments Players?
- Mastercard SpendingPulse: U.S. Retail Sales Expected to Grow 3.7%* This Holiday Season
Glenbrook Payments Boot camp®
Register for the next Glenbrook Payments Boot Camp®
An intensive and comprehensive overview of the payments industry.
Train your Team
Customized, private Payments Boot Camps tailored to meet your team’s unique needs.
Recorded, one-hour videos covering a broad array of payments concepts.
Comprehensive books that detail the systems and innovations shaping the payments industry.