A leading payments industry news source for more than 17 years. Glenbrook curates the news and keeps you abreast of the important daily headlines in payments.
Search Payment News
January 20, 2023
On the web
November 3, 2022
On the web
“Phos, the global leader in software point of sale (softpos) orchestration for businesses, has launched a Tap to Pay solution in North America with global acquirer Elavon. The solution will enable Independent Sales Organisations (ISOs) and Independent Software Vendors (ISVs) in the US and Canada to turn mobile devices into contactless payment terminals. The deal marks the first of many acquiring partnerships being targeted by the fintech, as phos eyes expansion in the North America market. The size of the opportunity is clear, with a total of 64 million merchants in the US alone that do not currently accept card payments. This reliance on legacy technology and a lack of affordable alternatives greatly reduces the payment options for customers and minimises potential revenue for businesses in the region. In bringing Tap to Pay to the market, ISOs in North America can now use phos’ leading software-only POS solution to accept card payments directly on any NFC-enabled smartphone or tablet, in a secure and contactless way.”
September 10, 2018
On the wires
FreedomPay Receives Elavon UK Certification as it expands its award winning commerce platform across Europe
“FreedomPay, the global leader in secure commerce technology for lodging, gaming, retail, restaurants, stadiums and other hospitality merchants, has announced the receipt of the Elavon UK certification for their Commerce Connect eCommerce and PCI-validated point-to-point encryption (P2PE) compliant ePayments solution for the European market.”
Give us your email address or link to our RSS feed and we’ll push the daily Payments News headlines to you.
Top Stories from Payment News
- China’s Digital Yuan Needs WeChat, Alipay to Boost Adoption, Experts Say
- Boston Fed, MIT Complete Research Project into Feasibility of a Central Bank Digital Currency
- Payment Card Fraud Losses Reach $32.34 Billion
- Why QR Codes Are the Next Cybersecurity Battlefield
- Visa Has Terminated Global Debit Card Agreements with FTX
- Amazon Pay Statistics 2022 – Market Share and Web Usage
- Revolut Launches Revolut Chat, an Instant Messaging Feature in Step Forward to Super App
- FinCEN Analysis Reveals Ransomware Reporting in BSA Filings Increased Significantly During the Second Half of 2021
- Amazon Launches New Merchant Cash Advance Program Provided by Parafin, Doubling Down on Its Support for Small- and Medium-Sized Businesses
- Money Mule And Crypto Schemes Now Top Money Laundering Threats, According to New Research from Feedzai
Glenbrook Payments Boot camp®
Register for the next Glenbrook Payments Boot Camp®
An intensive and comprehensive overview of the payments industry.
Train your Team
Customized, private Payments Boot Camps tailored to meet your team’s unique needs.
Recorded, one-hour videos covering a broad array of payments concepts.
Comprehensive books that detail the systems and innovations shaping the payments industry.