A leading payments industry news source for more than 17 years. Glenbrook curates the news and keeps you abreast of the important daily headlines in payments.
Search Payments News
October 24, 2023
On the wires
May 17, 2023
On the web
Elavon Signs Exclusive Deal with Amazon-Approved Partner The Digital Line (TDL) to Launch New Range of Digital Services in Hospitality Industry
January 20, 2023
On the web
November 3, 2022
On the web
“Phos, the global leader in software point of sale (softpos) orchestration for businesses, has launched a Tap to Pay solution in North America with global acquirer Elavon. The solution will enable Independent Sales Organisations (ISOs) and Independent Software Vendors (ISVs) in the US and Canada to turn mobile devices into contactless payment terminals. The deal marks the first of many acquiring partnerships being targeted by the fintech, as phos eyes expansion in the North America market. The size of the opportunity is clear, with a total of 64 million merchants in the US alone that do not currently accept card payments. This reliance on legacy technology and a lack of affordable alternatives greatly reduces the payment options for customers and minimises potential revenue for businesses in the region. In bringing Tap to Pay to the market, ISOs in North America can now use phos’ leading software-only POS solution to accept card payments directly on any NFC-enabled smartphone or tablet, in a secure and contactless way.”
September 10, 2018
On the wires
FreedomPay Receives Elavon UK Certification as it expands its award winning commerce platform across Europe
“FreedomPay, the global leader in secure commerce technology for lodging, gaming, retail, restaurants, stadiums and other hospitality merchants, has announced the receipt of the Elavon UK certification for their Commerce Connect eCommerce and PCI-validated point-to-point encryption (P2PE) compliant ePayments solution for the European market.”
Give us your email address or link to our RSS feed and we’ll push the daily Payments News headlines to you.
Top Stories from Payments News
- Ghipss CEO: Real-Time Payments Is Now 65% Of Transactions on Our Platform
- Mastercard: Consumers Too Comfortable with Cash for CBDCs to Take Off
- US Consumer Watchdog Hands Wall Street Rare Win With Big Tech Crackdown
- Visa Australia Proposes Preferential Interchange Rate for SMEs
- Apple Highlights Apple Pay Card Balance Feature in UK, as It Begins Slow US Rollout
- Adyen Launches Capital for Australia Platform Customers
- New Visa Report Tells Consumers to Stay Alert this Holiday Shopping Season
- Payments-App War Drags Banks Into Discomfort Zone
- Generation Alpha Set to Be Most Entrepreneurial Yet, as New Research Reveals Expectations for a World of ‘Ultimate Convenience’
- Payments Views: 6 Generative AI Payments Use Cases and 6 Actions to Evaluate your GenAI Strategy
Glenbrook Payments Boot camp®
Register for the next Glenbrook Payments Boot Camp®
An intensive and comprehensive overview of the payments industry.
Train your Team
Customized, private Payments Boot Camps tailored to meet your team’s unique needs.
Recorded, one-hour videos covering a broad array of payments concepts.
Comprehensive books that detail the systems and innovations shaping the payments industry.