A leading payments industry news source for more than 17 years. Glenbrook curates the news and keeps you abreast of the important daily headlines in payments.
Search Payments News
January 29, 2019
On the web
The Boston Globe
“A counterfeit check may seem old-fashioned in today’s world of cyber crimes, but one estimate I found online put the annual cost of such scams in the billions of dollars. Remember, a scam artist needs only one purloined check, blank or canceled, to fabricate another.”
March 14, 2018
On the wires
“According to the Association for Financial Professionals’ 2017 Payments Fraud and Control Survey report, 75 percent of organizations experienced check fraud in 2016, which is an increase from 71 percent in 2015. OnView Positive Pay can significantly enhance an institution’s cash management technology portfolio, and by offering this intuitive application to business account holders, institutions can create a new source of revenue while mitigating risks overall.”
Give us your email address or link to our RSS feed and we’ll push the daily Payments News headlines to you.
Top Stories from Payments News
- Nacha’s Payments Innovation Alliance Releases Infographic Warning Against Becoming an Unwitting Money Mule
- Nacha Launches New Campaign Highlighting the Many People Benefiting from Direct Deposit
- Linux Foundation Launches Tazama for Real Time Fraud Management
- Mastercard Open Banking Enhances the Debit and Prepaid Digital Account Opening Experience
- Pagos Unveils Dual Industry Breakthroughs: Payments Benchmarking & Unified Payments Data Stream
- A Colossal $159 Billion Lost to Fraud and Scams, Finds New Research From Feedzai and the Global Anti-scam Alliance
- Walmart to Let Customers “Buy Now, Pay Later” at Self-Checkouts
- Two-Thirds of Americans Have Decreased Spending Due to Economy, Wells Fargo Money Study Finds
- Netflix Confirms It’s Cutting off Apple Billing for Legacy Subscribers
- Visa Says Palm Biometric Payments Have Promising Future
Glenbrook Payments Boot camp®
Register for the next Glenbrook Payments Boot Camp®
An intensive and comprehensive overview of the payments industry.
Train your Team
Customized, private Payments Boot Camps tailored to meet your team’s unique needs.
Recorded, one-hour videos covering a broad array of payments concepts.
Comprehensive books that detail the systems and innovations shaping the payments industry.