A leading payments industry news source for more than 17 years. Glenbrook curates the news and keeps you abreast of the important daily headlines in payments.
Search Payments News
September 5, 2023
On the web
November 2, 2022
On the web
“The Bank of Canada on Wednesday said it would take a flexible, risk-based approach in its nascent role as a digital payment regulator, aiming to ensure confidence in the safety and reliability of the fast-growing electronic payment segment. The central bank became the regulator for payment service providers (PSPs) like card networks, digital wallets and money transfer services under Canadian law last year. It is now working with the federal government on setting out how that supervision will work.”
Give us your email address or link to our RSS feed and we’ll push the daily Payments News headlines to you.
Top Stories from Payments News
- Apple Wallet App Can Now Show Current Account Balances from UK Banks
- PSR Consults on How It Will Require Firms to Reimburse APP Fraud Victims [UK]
- JPMorgan to Block Crypto Payments From Chase UK Bank Accounts
- FedNow’s Legal Terms Contain a Game Changer for Digital Wallets and Payment Apps
- European Payments Initiative Selects “wero” as Commercial Name for its Innovative Digital Wallet
- Sibos TV: How ISO 20022 Will Revolutionise the Payments Industry [Video]
- Payments Views: Buy Now, Pay Later: Where Have the Months Gone?
- CFPB Outlines Requirements for Lenders Using Artificial Intelligence to Deny Credit
- U.S. Congressional Committee Passes Anti CBDC Bill
- Sibos TV: Better Preparing for T+1 Settlements [Video]
Glenbrook Payments Boot camp®
Register for the next Glenbrook Payments Boot Camp®
An intensive and comprehensive overview of the payments industry.
Train your Team
Customized, private Payments Boot Camps tailored to meet your team’s unique needs.
Recorded, one-hour videos covering a broad array of payments concepts.
Comprehensive books that detail the systems and innovations shaping the payments industry.