A leading payments industry news source for more than 17 years. Glenbrook curates the news and keeps you abreast of the important daily headlines in payments.
Search Payments News
October 1, 2021
Wall Street Journal
“Google is abandoning plans to pitch bank accounts to its users, marking a retreat from an effort to make the tech giant a bigger name in finance. The Alphabet Inc unit announced almost two years ago that users of its Google Pay digital wallet would be able to sign up for enhanced checking accounts and debit cards at a handful of financial institutions large and small, including Citigroup Inc. and Stanford Federal Credit Union.”
December 26, 2018
On the web
“The license will enable Google to process payments, issue e-money, and handle electronic money wallets. The license, granted by the Lithuanian central bank, gives it permission to operate throughout the EU.”
August 28, 2018
On the wires
“Mastercard and KeyBank today announced that the bank will now use Mastercard Decision Intelligence™, a security solution that uses artificial intelligence (AI) to make more informed authorization decisions. This will enable KeyBank to increase the accuracy of real-time approvals of genuine transactions and enhance the overall cardholder experience. This is the first use of AI being implemented in KeyBank’s fraud detection services.”
Give us your email address or link to our RSS feed and we’ll push the daily Payments News headlines to you.
Top Stories from Payments News
- Sibos TV: Better Preparing for T+1 Settlements [Video]
- Transaction Trends: How Real-Time Payments are Driving Innovation in the B2B Space [Video]
- How Much Will Payment Providers Have to Refund APP Fraud Victims [UK]?
- Stripe Launches the Biggest Set of Upgrades Yet for Its Optimized Checkout Suite
- As Klarna Aspires to be a Global Bank, Affiliate Marketing is its Cash Cow
- Sibos TV: Harmonising Payment Messaging for ISO 20022 [Video]
- Visa and Swift Team Up to Enhance Transparency, Speed and Security in Global B2B Money Movement
- Sibos TV: The Progress to Come in Cross-Border Payments [Video]
- How Will Artificial Intelligence Boost the Business of Payments Players?
- Mastercard SpendingPulse: U.S. Retail Sales Expected to Grow 3.7%* This Holiday Season
Glenbrook Payments Boot camp®
Register for the next Glenbrook Payments Boot Camp®
An intensive and comprehensive overview of the payments industry.
Train your Team
Customized, private Payments Boot Camps tailored to meet your team’s unique needs.
Recorded, one-hour videos covering a broad array of payments concepts.
Comprehensive books that detail the systems and innovations shaping the payments industry.