A global NGO was working with a banker’s association in a Sub-Saharan African country with the desire to design and implement a fast payments system to support digital financial access and usage in their market. Glenbrook was asked to help design and implement the new system to ensure alignment with global best practices.
Glenbrook conducted a multi-year strategic, operational, and technical advisory effort to help design and launch the new fast payments system. Key activities included:
- Created a roadmap for key implementation activities.
- Reviewed the policy and regulatory landscape to assess the extent to which it best enabled the success of the system.
- Advised and commented on new draft payment system operator regulations.
- Conducted a market assessment to help determine priority use cases.
- Developed a business model to understand the 10-year profit and loss estimates.
- Shared templates and best practices for ongoing marketing, stakeholder engagement, and risk management activities.
- Supported project and scheme governance decisions.
- Developed the draft scheme rulebook.
- Reviewed RFP documentation and shared vendor assessment templates and best practices.
- Created go-to-market best practices and considerations.
The new payments system is designed to align with global best practices. It is set to go live in 2023.