A leading payments industry news source for more than 17 years. Glenbrook curates the news and keeps you abreast of the important daily headlines in payments.
Search Payments News
June 10, 2021
On the web
“A former Commodity Futures Trading Commission chairman is calling for more regulation of stablecoins, or cryptocurrencies created to be pegged to other assets like fiat money. Timothy Massad, who led the commission during much of the Obama administration’s second term, told CNBC’s Jim Cramer that investors would benefit from more transparency in the wake of Tether Limited’s settlement with the New York attorney’s general office in February. Tether Limited is the company that issues tether, the most valuable stablecoin and third-most valuable cryptocurrency behind bitcoin and ethereum.”
Give us your email address or link to our RSS feed and we’ll push the daily Payments News headlines to you.
Top Stories from Payments News
- SmartMetric Says That, According to the Federal Reserve, Credit Cards Dominate the Payment Method Used by Consumers
- Retail Lending: Risk Management of 'Buy Now, Pay Later' Lending
- Citcon Partners with Alipay+ to Enable Cross-Border Mobile Payment for U.S. Retail Merchants
- Brazil's Pix Revolutionizes Digital Payments Landscape and Inspires LatAm Growth
- Reserve Bank of India Opens Talks With US, Hong Kong for Cross-Border CBDC Features
- Mastercard’s Breakthrough: Tokenizing CBDCs for Cross-Blockchain Transactions
- Bankservafrica and Unionpay International Launch a New Era for Card Processing in SA
- Safaricom Ethiopia and Chapa Launch Business-Focused Payment System
- Amazon Ends Acceptance of Venmo as Payment Method
- Jamie Dimon Lashes Out Against Crypto: ‘If I Was the Government, I’d Close It Down’
Glenbrook Payments Boot camp®
Register for the next Glenbrook Payments Boot Camp®
An intensive and comprehensive overview of the payments industry.
Train your Team
Customized, private Payments Boot Camps tailored to meet your team’s unique needs.
Recorded, one-hour videos covering a broad array of payments concepts.
Comprehensive books that detail the systems and innovations shaping the payments industry.