A leading payments industry news source for more than 17 years. Glenbrook curates the news and keeps you abreast of the important daily headlines in payments.
Search Payments News
April 17, 2023
On the web
Buna Launches its Instant Payment Service (IPS)
March 24, 2023
On the web
CBUAE Launches the Central Bank Digital Currency Strategy “The Digital Dirham”
March 16, 2023
On the web
India and UAE to Collaborate on Developing Digital Currencies
January 11, 2023
On the web
National Bank of Fujairah Introduces CVVkey to Tackle Online Card Fraud
April 22, 2022
On the web
DIFC-based Tarabut Gateway Becomes the First Regulated Open Banking Platform in the UAE After DFSA Grants Licence
“Tarabut Gateway has been granted a licence by Dubai Financial Services Authority (DFSA) to provide money services in and from Dubai International Financial Centre (DIFC). DFSA is the independent regulator of financial services in DIFC, the leading global financial centre in the Middle East, Africa and South Asia (MEASA) region. This licence marks the first time the DFSA has authorised a firm to provide account information services (AIS) and payment initiation services (PIS) activities. By obtaining this licence, Tarabut Gateway further cements its position in the UAE and plans to boost innovation in the sector, set new industry standards, and support the financial ecosystem”
Buna (The Arab Regional Payments Clearing and Settlement Organization)
“The Arab Monetary Fund (AMF) and the African Export-Import Bank (Afreximbank) announced today the signing of a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) that sets the foundation for cooperation and interoperability between Buna, the cross-border and multi-currency payment system owned by the AMF, and the Pan-African Payment & Settlement System – PAPSS owned by Afreximbank. Under the terms of this MoU, #buna and #papss will cooperate to achieve efficient interoperability between their respective platforms and act as payment gateways that link the Arab region to the African continent. Buna and PAPSS interoperability will allow their participants to process fast, cost-effective, and secure cross-border payments in multi-currencies, and expand their footprint in the global payment landscape.”
November 4, 2020
On the wires
Visa and NOW Money partner to transform the banking experience for low-income workers across the UAE
“Visa, the world’s leader in digital payments, has partnered with NOW Money , the UAE-based digital account service, to grant low-income customers in the Gulf region access to a full service digital banking solution. Customers will receive a Visa payment card, which can be used online or in any of Visa’s 61 million global acceptance locations, and a NOW Money account, which requires no minimum balance. The agreement will ensure every person – irrespective of their economic background – has access to the highest quality financial services.”
Give us your email address or link to our RSS feed and we’ll push the daily Payments News headlines to you.
Top Stories from Payments News
- Payments on Fire®: Episode 203 – What Big Data Revealed About BNPL Consumers with Kristin Carlson and Zach Tondre, LexisNexis Risk Solutions
- Alipay Now Supports Users to Link Alipay to Their Apple ID in a One-stop Way Within Its App
- Kasisto Launches KAI-GPT, the First Banking Industry-Specific Large Language Model
- China's UnionPay Surpasses Visa with Largest Market Share of Debit Card Transactions: Nilson Report
- Payment Card Volume Topped $40 Trillion Worldwide in 2022
- Payments on Fire®: Episode 202 – Innovating at the Intersection of BNPL and Embedded Commerce with Bobby Tzekin, Founder and CEO of Wisetack
- New York Fed and Monetary Authority of Singapore Publish Results of Joint Wholesale Cross-Border Payments Research Study
- Payments On Fire® Podcast: Episode 201 – Fintechs, Banks, and the Companies Joining Them Together – In Conversation with Tarun Gupta, Jump Capital, and Chris Uriarte, Glenbrook Partners
- Payments Post #3: Glenbrook’s April Roundup
- Building International Payment Systems: A Conversation with Glenbrook’s Elizabeth McQuerry
Glenbrook Payments Boot camp®
Register for the next Glenbrook Payments Boot Camp®
An intensive and comprehensive overview of the payments industry.
Train your Team
Customized, private Payments Boot Camps tailored to meet your team’s unique needs.
Recorded, one-hour videos covering a broad array of payments concepts.
Comprehensive books that detail the systems and innovations shaping the payments industry.