A leading payments industry news source for more than 17 years. Glenbrook curates the news and keeps you abreast of the important daily headlines in payments.
Search Payments News
December 18, 2023
On the web
October 27, 2023
On the web
Migration of the SEPA Payment Schemes to the 2019 Version of ISO 20022 Postponed to Sunday 17 March 2024
European Payments Council
May 6, 2022
On the wires
“Citi has announced the launch of Single Euro Payments Area (SEPA) Instant Payments in Europe, further increasing the bank’s global Instant Payments offering. The launch will provide clients with the ability to pay to and receive from 36 SEPA countries instantly. The offering allows SEPA Credit Transfers to be made within seconds, 24/7 and funds available to recipients immediately. Payments can be made to and received from SEPA Instant participating banks located anywhere within the 36 country SEPA zone. The new offering provides clients with a single point of access through Citi’s platforms, CitiConnect® for Files, CitiConnect® API and CitiDirect®, for executing Instant Payments. With standardized connectivity platforms, clients will benefit from a scalable solution that can facilitate rapid global expansion within a consistent architecture.”
April 15, 2022
On the web
“Bitfinex, a state-of-the-art digital token trading platform, in collaboration with fiat on-ramp services provider OpenPayd, is enabling real-time Single Euro Payments Area (SEPA) payments for euro-denominated deposits and withdrawals. The introduction of SEPA payments provides additional options for Bitfinex customers to deploy euros onto the platform. Through the new collaboration, customers will have the ability to pay-in and pay-out from their accounts near-instantly.”
Give us your email address or link to our RSS feed and we’ll push the daily Payments News headlines to you.
Top Stories from Payments News
- Nacha Launches New Campaign Highlighting the Many People Benefiting from Direct Deposit
- Linux Foundation Launches Tazama for Real Time Fraud Management
- Mastercard Open Banking Enhances the Debit and Prepaid Digital Account Opening Experience
- Pagos Unveils Dual Industry Breakthroughs: Payments Benchmarking & Unified Payments Data Stream
- A Colossal $159 Billion Lost to Fraud and Scams, Finds New Research From Feedzai and the Global Anti-scam Alliance
- Walmart to Let Customers “Buy Now, Pay Later” at Self-Checkouts
- Two-Thirds of Americans Have Decreased Spending Due to Economy, Wells Fargo Money Study Finds
- Netflix Confirms It’s Cutting off Apple Billing for Legacy Subscribers
- Visa Says Palm Biometric Payments Have Promising Future
- Biometric Payment Cards Launching in Japan, Turkey
Glenbrook Payments Boot camp®
Register for the next Glenbrook Payments Boot Camp®
An intensive and comprehensive overview of the payments industry.
Train your Team
Customized, private Payments Boot Camps tailored to meet your team’s unique needs.
Recorded, one-hour videos covering a broad array of payments concepts.
Comprehensive books that detail the systems and innovations shaping the payments industry.