A leading payments industry news source for more than 17 years. Glenbrook curates the news and keeps you abreast of the important daily headlines in payments.
Search Payments News
August 11, 2023
On the web
Electronic Payments International
July 7, 2022
On the web
“Last month, the European Banking Authority (EBA) published a response to the European Commission’s call for advice on the upcoming review of the revised Payment Services Directive (PSD2). The 490 items contained within the document include a number of proposals that deal with the issue of application programming interface (API) fragmentation. According to the EBA, “experience gained in the implementation of PSD2 has shown that the absence of a single API standard has led to the emergence of different API solutions across the EU.” The report further added: “This creates significant challenges for the TPP”. [third-party service providers] Because they have to make significant effort to connect with different ASPSP. [Account Servicing Payment Service Providers’] Adapting their connection to APIs and API’s changes over time. Cutting out all the jargon, the EBA argues that API standardization is needed to reduce barriers to entry for fintechs looking to access financial account data held by banks and similar institutions.”
Give us your email address or link to our RSS feed and we’ll push the daily Payments News headlines to you.
Top Stories from Payments News
- SmartMetric Says That, According to the Federal Reserve, Credit Cards Dominate the Payment Method Used by Consumers
- Retail Lending: Risk Management of 'Buy Now, Pay Later' Lending
- Citcon Partners with Alipay+ to Enable Cross-Border Mobile Payment for U.S. Retail Merchants
- Brazil's Pix Revolutionizes Digital Payments Landscape and Inspires LatAm Growth
- Reserve Bank of India Opens Talks With US, Hong Kong for Cross-Border CBDC Features
- Mastercard’s Breakthrough: Tokenizing CBDCs for Cross-Blockchain Transactions
- Bankservafrica and Unionpay International Launch a New Era for Card Processing in SA
- Safaricom Ethiopia and Chapa Launch Business-Focused Payment System
- Amazon Ends Acceptance of Venmo as Payment Method
- Jamie Dimon Lashes Out Against Crypto: ‘If I Was the Government, I’d Close It Down’
Glenbrook Payments Boot camp®
Register for the next Glenbrook Payments Boot Camp®
An intensive and comprehensive overview of the payments industry.
Train your Team
Customized, private Payments Boot Camps tailored to meet your team’s unique needs.
Recorded, one-hour videos covering a broad array of payments concepts.
Comprehensive books that detail the systems and innovations shaping the payments industry.