A leading payments industry news source for more than 17 years. Glenbrook curates the news and keeps you abreast of the important daily headlines in payments.
Search Payments News
March 24, 2023
On the web
Visa Boosts Offer for Brazilian Fintech Pismo to $1.4B - Report
"Visa has upped its offer for Pismo, a cloud-based banking and payments platform for banks, to $1.4B from its original offer of $1B, Valor Economico reported, citing two people familiar with the matter. In Brazil, Pismo, which is backed by Amazon and SoftBank, provides cloud infrastructure for banks such as Itaú , BTG+, Pactual's retail platform and part of Citi. It has been expanding globally, most recently into India and Singapore. Valor reported that Visa is in competition with at least one other potential party."
March 7, 2023
On the wires
Pismo Introduces Digital Lending Functionality to its Banking and Cards Platform
"Pismo, one of the world's fastest-growing banking Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) firms, has announced a new capability of its core banking and payments platform: digital lending. Digital lending is part of Pismo's cloud-native and API-based platform. It brings agility and flexibility to accelerate the creation of new products, covering traditional business and consumer offerings, as well as new opportunities such as Buy Now Pay Later (BNPL), for banks and fintechs of all sizes."
Give us your email address or link to our RSS feed and we’ll push the daily Payments News headlines to you.
Top Stories from Payments News
- Payments on Fire®: Episode 203 – What Big Data Revealed About BNPL Consumers with Kristin Carlson and Zach Tondre, LexisNexis Risk Solutions
- Alipay Now Supports Users to Link Alipay to Their Apple ID in a One-stop Way Within Its App
- Kasisto Launches KAI-GPT, the First Banking Industry-Specific Large Language Model
- China's UnionPay Surpasses Visa with Largest Market Share of Debit Card Transactions: Nilson Report
- Payment Card Volume Topped $40 Trillion Worldwide in 2022
- Payments on Fire®: Episode 202 – Innovating at the Intersection of BNPL and Embedded Commerce with Bobby Tzekin, Founder and CEO of Wisetack
- New York Fed and Monetary Authority of Singapore Publish Results of Joint Wholesale Cross-Border Payments Research Study
- Payments On Fire® Podcast: Episode 201 – Fintechs, Banks, and the Companies Joining Them Together – In Conversation with Tarun Gupta, Jump Capital, and Chris Uriarte, Glenbrook Partners
- Payments Post #3: Glenbrook’s April Roundup
- Building International Payment Systems: A Conversation with Glenbrook’s Elizabeth McQuerry
Glenbrook Payments Boot camp®
Register for the next Glenbrook Payments Boot Camp®
An intensive and comprehensive overview of the payments industry.
Train your Team
Customized, private Payments Boot Camps tailored to meet your team’s unique needs.
Recorded, one-hour videos covering a broad array of payments concepts.
Comprehensive books that detail the systems and innovations shaping the payments industry.