A leading payments industry news source for more than 17 years. Glenbrook curates the news and keeps you abreast of the important daily headlines in payments.
Search Payments News
March 27, 2023
On the wires
March 31, 2021
On the web
“Peru is working to link banks, fintechs and mobile wallet providers into an interoperable hub for instant payments using real-time technology provided by Mastercard . With a launch set for early 2022, Peru will be the second Latin American country after Brazil to introduce an ISO 20022-based instant payments scheme. Peru’s new system will use mobile phone numbers and email addresses as proxies for bank accounts to increase financial inclusion in the country. Combined with the ISO 20022 messaging standard, this will enable the system to deliver a wide range of payment services that aren’t possible with legacy systems connecting banks in other countries such as Argentina, Colombia and Mexico.”
February 22, 2021
On the wires
Mastercard and ACI Worldwide Announce First Real-Time Payments Infrastructure Collaboration With Cámara De Compensación Electrónica (CCE)
“Mastercard and ACI Worldwide (NASDAQ: ACIW), a leading global provider of real-time digital payment software and solutions , today announced that Cámara de Compensación Electrónica (CCE) will utilize the ACI Enterprise Payments Platform to accelerate financial institutions’ access to Mastercard’s Instant Payment Service, the new real-time payments managed service that will enter Industry Testing in Peru later this year.”
December 12, 2018
On the web
“Vocalink has signed a contract with Peru’s automated clearing house Cámara de Compensación Electrónica (CCE) to modernise the nation’s electronic payments infrastructure. According to the firms, this deal will see the creation of a new integrated service that will deliver processing of electronic payments (cheques, bulk and real-time) 24/7 x 365 days of the year.”
Give us your email address or link to our RSS feed and we’ll push the daily Payments News headlines to you.
Top Stories from Payments News
- Payments Views - Healthcare, meet Payments: When two complex industries collide
- Capital One to Buy Discover Financial in $35.3 Billion All-Stock Deal
- Adyen Teams up With Billie to Revolutionize B2B Payments in Europe
- Capital One Acquiring Discover Financial Services, Report Says
- Garanti BBVA Goes Biometric With Its New Bonus Platinum Card
- Federal Regulators Are Probing Whether Cash App Leaves Door Open to Money Launderers, Terrorists
- How and Why Do Consumers Use “Buy Now, Pay Later”?
- “It’s Not About Killing Cards,” Says Founder of Payments Startup Banked, Which Is Looking to Ramp Up Pay-By-Bank in US
- CFPB Report Finds Large Banks Charge Higher Credit Card Interest Rates than Small Banks and Credit Unions
- One App to Rule Them All? New Survey Finds Banking Apps Are More Than Just a Home for Transactions
Glenbrook Payments Boot camp®
Register for the next Glenbrook Payments Boot Camp®
An intensive and comprehensive overview of the payments industry.
Train your Team
Customized, private Payments Boot Camps tailored to meet your team’s unique needs.
Recorded, one-hour videos covering a broad array of payments concepts.
Comprehensive books that detail the systems and innovations shaping the payments industry.