A leading payments industry news source for more than 17 years. Glenbrook curates the news and keeps you abreast of the important daily headlines in payments.
Search Payments News
July 18, 2022
On the web
“Netflix is testing a new way to tackle password sharing in Argentina, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, and the Dominican Republic ( as reported first byBloomberg). The test will prompt users to pay an additional fee if they use an account outside their household for over two weeks, costing an extra 219 pesos ($1.17 in Argentina) and $2.99 everywhere else. According to Netflix, in the test areas, subscriber accounts have one primary “home” where they can access Netflix across their devices, and they have the ability to travel and use Netflix on the go. The test will allow users to purchase additional “homes,” giving the users in those locations the ability to use the service on devices at those locations as well. In these countries, Netflix is also working on a feature that will let you track where your account is being used and restrict access. If you’re on the Basic plan, you can add one extra home, if you’re on the Standard plan, you can add up to two, and on Premium, you can add up to three.”
March 1, 2018
On the web
“China’s tech giants are investing heavily across the region, upending a long-held assumption their US rivals – Facebook and Amazon – would dominate the global digital economy. Armed with strong backing from the Chinese government and a huge, digital-savvy market at home, companies like Alibaba and Tencent are catching up with – and in some cases overtaking – their US rivals, according to Jonathan Woetzel, director of the McKinsey Global Institute.”
Give us your email address or link to our RSS feed and we’ll push the daily Payments News headlines to you.
Top Stories from Payments News
- Apple Wallet App Can Now Show Current Account Balances from UK Banks
- PSR Consults on How It Will Require Firms to Reimburse APP Fraud Victims [UK]
- JPMorgan to Block Crypto Payments From Chase UK Bank Accounts
- FedNow’s Legal Terms Contain a Game Changer for Digital Wallets and Payment Apps
- European Payments Initiative Selects “wero” as Commercial Name for its Innovative Digital Wallet
- Sibos TV: How ISO 20022 Will Revolutionise the Payments Industry [Video]
- Payments Views: Buy Now, Pay Later: Where Have the Months Gone?
- CFPB Outlines Requirements for Lenders Using Artificial Intelligence to Deny Credit
- U.S. Congressional Committee Passes Anti CBDC Bill
- Sibos TV: Better Preparing for T+1 Settlements [Video]
Glenbrook Payments Boot camp®
Register for the next Glenbrook Payments Boot Camp®
An intensive and comprehensive overview of the payments industry.
Train your Team
Customized, private Payments Boot Camps tailored to meet your team’s unique needs.
Recorded, one-hour videos covering a broad array of payments concepts.
Comprehensive books that detail the systems and innovations shaping the payments industry.