A leading payments industry news source for more than 17 years. Glenbrook curates the news and keeps you abreast of the important daily headlines in payments.
Search Payments News
April 12, 2021
On the wires
“GasBuddy today announced its Pay with GasBuddy® payments program has surpassed 1 million users. As gas prices have climbed dramatically in the first three months of the year, the Pay with GasBuddy program has gained hyper popularity by delivering on the promise to provide consumers savings on every gallon of gasoline they purchase…Drivers who enroll in the program receive a Pay with GasBuddy card that is connected to their checking account; when swiped at the pump, consumers receive automatic discounts on their fuel purchase.”
February 28, 2020
On the web
“In any case, the card networks have said they won’t postpone the liability shifts again. Scharff said counterfeit fraud inside c-stores, where EMV upgrades are much farther along, dropped 36% in 2017-18, but at the pump it increased 36%. “So counterfeit fraud isn’t going away, if there [are] still places for it to be completed, it’s just migrating to the less secure environment,” she said.”
October 4, 2019
On the wires
“The deadline for upgrading gas pumps to EMV transactions is in October 2020. Since this technology upgrade requires a significant investment by store owners, the ability to deliver timely and value-added offers can lead to new revenue opportunities and help improve the return on investment of the new dispensers. Most importantly, end-to-end control of a store’s terminals puts the c-store owner in the driver’s seat for the four-to-five minutes that it takes to fill a customer’s gas tank. The TNS —WannLynx collaboration enables c-stores to deliver key messaging and engage a customer with a variety of incentives to purchase other products or services.”
May 13, 2019
On the web
“A system that allows drivers to pay for gasoline at the pump using their E-ZPass toll tag took a step forward Monday with an announcement that P97 Networks Inc., a provider of in-vehicle payments services, will resell the PayByCar service from Verdeva Inc.”
Give us your email address or link to our RSS feed and we’ll push the daily Payments News headlines to you.
Top Stories from Payments News
- Payments Views - Healthcare, meet Payments: When two complex industries collide
- Capital One to Buy Discover Financial in $35.3 Billion All-Stock Deal
- Adyen Teams up With Billie to Revolutionize B2B Payments in Europe
- Capital One Acquiring Discover Financial Services, Report Says
- Garanti BBVA Goes Biometric With Its New Bonus Platinum Card
- Federal Regulators Are Probing Whether Cash App Leaves Door Open to Money Launderers, Terrorists
- How and Why Do Consumers Use “Buy Now, Pay Later”?
- “It’s Not About Killing Cards,” Says Founder of Payments Startup Banked, Which Is Looking to Ramp Up Pay-By-Bank in US
- CFPB Report Finds Large Banks Charge Higher Credit Card Interest Rates than Small Banks and Credit Unions
- One App to Rule Them All? New Survey Finds Banking Apps Are More Than Just a Home for Transactions
Glenbrook Payments Boot camp®
Register for the next Glenbrook Payments Boot Camp®
An intensive and comprehensive overview of the payments industry.
Train your Team
Customized, private Payments Boot Camps tailored to meet your team’s unique needs.
Recorded, one-hour videos covering a broad array of payments concepts.
Comprehensive books that detail the systems and innovations shaping the payments industry.