A leading payments industry news source for more than 17 years. Glenbrook curates the news and keeps you abreast of the important daily headlines in payments.
Search Payments News
October 6, 2022
On the web
Immediate Cross-Border Payments (IXB) Pilot Set to Revolutionize International Payments
The Clearing House
“EBA CLEARING, The Clearing House (TCH) and SWIFT announced today that the delivery of the Immediate Cross-Border Payments (IXB) pilot service is on track and is set to revolutionize cross-border payments. The IXB pilot service will leverage the existing real-time payment systems RTP® in the United States, run by TCH, and RT1 in Europe, run by EBA CLEARING. IXB will begin processing the first live transactions in the euro and U.S. dollar currency corridor in the coming months. Developed with the support of 25 financial institutions from both sides of the Atlantic, the IXB pilot has been progressing during the past six months, resulting in the timely delivery of the IXB solution processing the technical messaging between the pilot institutions engaged in the testing and the respective payment systems. End-to-end testing between RTP, the IXB app and RT1 is ongoing with user integration and testing following shortly thereafter.”
Give us your email address or link to our RSS feed and we’ll push the daily Payments News headlines to you.
Top Stories from Payments News
- Payments on Fire®: Episode 203 – What Big Data Revealed About BNPL Consumers with Kristin Carlson and Zach Tondre, LexisNexis Risk Solutions
- Alipay Now Supports Users to Link Alipay to Their Apple ID in a One-stop Way Within Its App
- Kasisto Launches KAI-GPT, the First Banking Industry-Specific Large Language Model
- China's UnionPay Surpasses Visa with Largest Market Share of Debit Card Transactions: Nilson Report
- Payment Card Volume Topped $40 Trillion Worldwide in 2022
- Payments on Fire®: Episode 202 – Innovating at the Intersection of BNPL and Embedded Commerce with Bobby Tzekin, Founder and CEO of Wisetack
- New York Fed and Monetary Authority of Singapore Publish Results of Joint Wholesale Cross-Border Payments Research Study
- Payments On Fire® Podcast: Episode 201 – Fintechs, Banks, and the Companies Joining Them Together – In Conversation with Tarun Gupta, Jump Capital, and Chris Uriarte, Glenbrook Partners
- Payments Post #3: Glenbrook’s April Roundup
- Building International Payment Systems: A Conversation with Glenbrook’s Elizabeth McQuerry
Glenbrook Payments Boot camp®
Register for the next Glenbrook Payments Boot Camp®
An intensive and comprehensive overview of the payments industry.
Train your Team
Customized, private Payments Boot Camps tailored to meet your team’s unique needs.
Recorded, one-hour videos covering a broad array of payments concepts.
Comprehensive books that detail the systems and innovations shaping the payments industry.