A leading payments industry news source for more than 17 years. Glenbrook curates the news and keeps you abreast of the important daily headlines in payments.
Search Payments News
August 17, 2022
On the web
Payments Firm That Shed $16 Billion Emerges as Best Brazil Stock
“Payment processing company Cielo SA is pulling off an unlikely comeback after four years of declines, as the deep pockets of its principal backers allow it to ride out the surge in Brazilian interest rates this year. Shares in the Barueri, Sao Paulo-based company have more than doubled in 2022, leading gains on the nation’s benchmark Ibovespa equity index, as it recovers market share from rivals such as StoneCo Ltd and PagSeguro Digital Ltd.”
October 3, 2019
On the web
E-payment Giant Cielo Exempts Customers From Fees in Brazil
“In order to reinforce its focus on expanding its small customer base, Cielo starts this Tuesday (1) a promotion that exempts buyers using its card machines from the transaction fee. The discount will be valid for three months (or up to BRL 1,500 in sales) for all who buy the devices of the company itself or its controlling banks, Banco do Brasil and Bradesco.”
Give us your email address or link to our RSS feed and we’ll push the daily Payments News headlines to you.
Top Stories from Payments News
- Payments on Fire®: Episode 203 – What Big Data Revealed About BNPL Consumers with Kristin Carlson and Zach Tondre, LexisNexis Risk Solutions
- Alipay Now Supports Users to Link Alipay to Their Apple ID in a One-stop Way Within Its App
- Kasisto Launches KAI-GPT, the First Banking Industry-Specific Large Language Model
- China's UnionPay Surpasses Visa with Largest Market Share of Debit Card Transactions: Nilson Report
- Payment Card Volume Topped $40 Trillion Worldwide in 2022
- Payments on Fire®: Episode 202 – Innovating at the Intersection of BNPL and Embedded Commerce with Bobby Tzekin, Founder and CEO of Wisetack
- New York Fed and Monetary Authority of Singapore Publish Results of Joint Wholesale Cross-Border Payments Research Study
- Payments On Fire® Podcast: Episode 201 – Fintechs, Banks, and the Companies Joining Them Together – In Conversation with Tarun Gupta, Jump Capital, and Chris Uriarte, Glenbrook Partners
- Payments Post #3: Glenbrook’s April Roundup
- Building International Payment Systems: A Conversation with Glenbrook’s Elizabeth McQuerry
Glenbrook Payments Boot camp®
Register for the next Glenbrook Payments Boot Camp®
An intensive and comprehensive overview of the payments industry.
Train your Team
Customized, private Payments Boot Camps tailored to meet your team’s unique needs.
Recorded, one-hour videos covering a broad array of payments concepts.
Comprehensive books that detail the systems and innovations shaping the payments industry.