A leading payments industry news source for more than 17 years. Glenbrook curates the news and keeps you abreast of the important daily headlines in payments.
Search Payments News
August 17, 2022
On the web
“Payment processing company Cielo SA is pulling off an unlikely comeback after four years of declines, as the deep pockets of its principal backers allow it to ride out the surge in Brazilian interest rates this year. Shares in the Barueri, Sao Paulo-based company have more than doubled in 2022, leading gains on the nation’s benchmark Ibovespa equity index, as it recovers market share from rivals such as StoneCo Ltd and PagSeguro Digital Ltd.”
October 3, 2019
On the web
“In order to reinforce its focus on expanding its small customer base, Cielo starts this Tuesday (1) a promotion that exempts buyers using its card machines from the transaction fee. The discount will be valid for three months (or up to BRL 1,500 in sales) for all who buy the devices of the company itself or its controlling banks, Banco do Brasil and Bradesco.”
Give us your email address or link to our RSS feed and we’ll push the daily Payments News headlines to you.
Top Stories from Payments News
- Ghipss CEO: Real-Time Payments Is Now 65% Of Transactions on Our Platform
- Mastercard: Consumers Too Comfortable with Cash for CBDCs to Take Off
- US Consumer Watchdog Hands Wall Street Rare Win With Big Tech Crackdown
- Visa Australia Proposes Preferential Interchange Rate for SMEs
- Apple Highlights Apple Pay Card Balance Feature in UK, as It Begins Slow US Rollout
- Adyen Launches Capital for Australia Platform Customers
- New Visa Report Tells Consumers to Stay Alert this Holiday Shopping Season
- Payments-App War Drags Banks Into Discomfort Zone
- Generation Alpha Set to Be Most Entrepreneurial Yet, as New Research Reveals Expectations for a World of ‘Ultimate Convenience’
- Payments Views: 6 Generative AI Payments Use Cases and 6 Actions to Evaluate your GenAI Strategy
Glenbrook Payments Boot camp®
Register for the next Glenbrook Payments Boot Camp®
An intensive and comprehensive overview of the payments industry.
Train your Team
Customized, private Payments Boot Camps tailored to meet your team’s unique needs.
Recorded, one-hour videos covering a broad array of payments concepts.
Comprehensive books that detail the systems and innovations shaping the payments industry.