A leading payments industry news source for more than 17 years. Glenbrook curates the news and keeps you abreast of the important daily headlines in payments.
Search Payments News
January 17, 2023
On the web
Zilch Could Now Impact Your Credit Score, as Lending Data is Shared with Bureaus
Direct-to-consumer buy now, pay later lender Zilch has started reporting its 3 million customers’ borrowing data to UK credit bureaus, in a way that could impact credit scores. Until now Zilch has had partnerships with individual credit bureaus like Experian, but has only used this data as part of its affordability assessments to perform “soft” credit checks on borrowers and to add data to credit files in a way that didn't impact credit scores. In a statement yesterday, the lender explained that it will now be integrating with all the credit bureaus in a way that could influence credit scores.
November 3, 2022
On the wires
Zilch to 3 Million: Fintech Passes 3 Million Users and Turns a Gross Profit
“Zilch, the world’s first Commerce Card, today announces it has raced past the 3 million customer milestone – outpacing fintech heavyweights like Revolut, Starling Bank and N26. Zilch’s direct-to-consumer approach continues to outperform the market showing significantly stronger levels of customer engagement and unit economics. Zilch’s unique Ad-Subsidised-Payments-Network generates advertising revenue each time its customers spend, which it passes on to them in the form of free credit, savings, deals and discounts. This unique approach has resulted in record-breaking customer growth and a profitable product proposition. The announcement comes a mere six months after Zilch galloped past the 2 million user figure, and is a testament to the business’s innovative approach – an approach that’s seen it double underlying sales and triple revenue in the last six months – with brands like Apple now moving to try and replicate this winning formula as Zilch surpasses 6% of the UK adult population using its product.”
Give us your email address or link to our RSS feed and we’ll push the daily Payments News headlines to you.
Top Stories from Payments News
- U.S. Payments Forum Unveils First-of-its-Kind Comprehensive Resource on Authentication Techniques for Remote and In-App Payments
- Federal Reserve Announces July Launch for the FedNow Service
- Visa, Mastercard Pause Crypto Push in Wake of Industry Meltdown
- China’s Digital Yuan Can Now Be Used to Pay Highway Toll Fees on Major Routes
- Co-op Solutions Introduces Co-op Pay Network to Help Credit Unions Optimize Debit Profitability
- SoftBank, Ant Seek to Sell Paytm Stake Via Open Market
- JPMorgan Restricts Employee Use of ChatGPT
- Linux Foundation Europe Launches the OpenWallet Foundation to Power Interoperable Digital Wallets
- China’s Digital Yuan Needs WeChat, Alipay to Boost Adoption, Experts Say
- Boston Fed, MIT Complete Research Project into Feasibility of a Central Bank Digital Currency
Glenbrook Payments Boot camp®
Register for the next Glenbrook Payments Boot Camp®
An intensive and comprehensive overview of the payments industry.
Train your Team
Customized, private Payments Boot Camps tailored to meet your team’s unique needs.
Recorded, one-hour videos covering a broad array of payments concepts.
Comprehensive books that detail the systems and innovations shaping the payments industry.