A leading payments industry news source for more than 17 years. Glenbrook curates the news and keeps you abreast of the important daily headlines in payments.
Search Payments News
October 31, 2023
On the web
October 12, 2023
On the web
Zilch Announces the Official Launch of Zilch up, Which Provides Access to More Affordable Credit and Is Building Stronger Financial Futures
June 7, 2023
On the web
Zilch Opens Its Revolutionary ASPN to Third Parties Across the Globe – Advancing a Multi-Trillion-Dollar Payments and Advertising Marketplace
January 17, 2023
On the web
Direct-to-consumer buy now, pay later lender Zilch has started reporting its 3 million customers’ borrowing data to UK credit bureaus, in a way that could impact credit scores. Until now Zilch has had partnerships with individual credit bureaus like Experian, but has only used this data as part of its affordability assessments to perform “soft” credit checks on borrowers and to add data to credit files in a way that didn't impact credit scores. In a statement yesterday, the lender explained that it will now be integrating with all the credit bureaus in a way that could influence credit scores.
November 3, 2022
On the wires
“Zilch, the world’s first Commerce Card, today announces it has raced past the 3 million customer milestone – outpacing fintech heavyweights like Revolut, Starling Bank and N26. Zilch’s direct-to-consumer approach continues to outperform the market showing significantly stronger levels of customer engagement and unit economics. Zilch’s unique Ad-Subsidised-Payments-Network generates advertising revenue each time its customers spend, which it passes on to them in the form of free credit, savings, deals and discounts. This unique approach has resulted in record-breaking customer growth and a profitable product proposition. The announcement comes a mere six months after Zilch galloped past the 2 million user figure, and is a testament to the business’s innovative approach – an approach that’s seen it double underlying sales and triple revenue in the last six months – with brands like Apple now moving to try and replicate this winning formula as Zilch surpasses 6% of the UK adult population using its product.”
Give us your email address or link to our RSS feed and we’ll push the daily Payments News headlines to you.
Top Stories from Payments News
- Ghipss CEO: Real-Time Payments Is Now 65% Of Transactions on Our Platform
- Mastercard: Consumers Too Comfortable with Cash for CBDCs to Take Off
- US Consumer Watchdog Hands Wall Street Rare Win With Big Tech Crackdown
- Visa Australia Proposes Preferential Interchange Rate for SMEs
- Apple Highlights Apple Pay Card Balance Feature in UK, as It Begins Slow US Rollout
- Adyen Launches Capital for Australia Platform Customers
- New Visa Report Tells Consumers to Stay Alert this Holiday Shopping Season
- Payments-App War Drags Banks Into Discomfort Zone
- Generation Alpha Set to Be Most Entrepreneurial Yet, as New Research Reveals Expectations for a World of ‘Ultimate Convenience’
- Payments Views: 6 Generative AI Payments Use Cases and 6 Actions to Evaluate your GenAI Strategy
Glenbrook Payments Boot camp®
Register for the next Glenbrook Payments Boot Camp®
An intensive and comprehensive overview of the payments industry.
Train your Team
Customized, private Payments Boot Camps tailored to meet your team’s unique needs.
Recorded, one-hour videos covering a broad array of payments concepts.
Comprehensive books that detail the systems and innovations shaping the payments industry.