A leading payments industry news source for more than 17 years. Glenbrook curates the news and keeps you abreast of the important daily headlines in payments.
Search Payments News
August 1, 2022
On the web
“This month, both Instagram and YouTube unveiled new tools that aim to help users make sales directly on their social media platforms — removing the need to shop at a brand’s own website or retailer’s online store. With the more seamless check-out options, presumably consumers will have fewer barriers to buy, and that can lead to more sales. On Instagram, customers can now place and track orders in direct messages, and sellers can request and receive payment in the same thread using Meta Pay…Through a new partnership with Shopify, YouTube creators can now directly link their products across their channels and content, including in livestream videos. U.S.-based users of the feature can enable onsite checkout, which can allow shoppers to make purchases directly on YouTube. To use the new shopping feature, YouTube creators must have more than 1,000 subscribers and must have their channel approved for monetization.”
October 17, 2019
On the web
“Rental payments are the top use case by far on the Zelle person-to-person payments network, according to the chief executive of Zelle provider Early Warning Services LLC. “From an end-user use-case perspective, far and away the No. 1 use case for Zelle right now is actually a rent payment,” Albert Ko said Tuesday, though he didn’t give specific figures. “We actually didn’t expect that; we knew it would be in the top 5, but we didn’t expect it to be the runaway No. 1.””
May 14, 2018
On the web
“Facebook quietly rolled out payments in Instagram to some users at the beginning of the month. The payments feature asks for users to input their credit or debit card information once, and then it can be used to pay for products or services advertised on Instagram. The feature currently only works for booking appointments, but it could quickly expand to more businesses, especially with the rollout of Shoppable Ads on Instagram.”
Give us your email address or link to our RSS feed and we’ll push the daily Payments News headlines to you.
Top Stories from Payments News
- Payments Views - Healthcare, meet Payments: When two complex industries collide
- Capital One to Buy Discover Financial in $35.3 Billion All-Stock Deal
- Adyen Teams up With Billie to Revolutionize B2B Payments in Europe
- Capital One Acquiring Discover Financial Services, Report Says
- Garanti BBVA Goes Biometric With Its New Bonus Platinum Card
- Federal Regulators Are Probing Whether Cash App Leaves Door Open to Money Launderers, Terrorists
- How and Why Do Consumers Use “Buy Now, Pay Later”?
- “It’s Not About Killing Cards,” Says Founder of Payments Startup Banked, Which Is Looking to Ramp Up Pay-By-Bank in US
- CFPB Report Finds Large Banks Charge Higher Credit Card Interest Rates than Small Banks and Credit Unions
- One App to Rule Them All? New Survey Finds Banking Apps Are More Than Just a Home for Transactions
Glenbrook Payments Boot camp®
Register for the next Glenbrook Payments Boot Camp®
An intensive and comprehensive overview of the payments industry.
Train your Team
Customized, private Payments Boot Camps tailored to meet your team’s unique needs.
Recorded, one-hour videos covering a broad array of payments concepts.
Comprehensive books that detail the systems and innovations shaping the payments industry.