A leading payments industry news source for more than 17 years. Glenbrook curates the news and keeps you abreast of the important daily headlines in payments.
Search Payment News
January 24, 2023
On the web
As Mobile Wallets Gain in Popularity, Growing Number of Americans Still Prefer Convenience of Plastic
December 22, 2022
On the web
“Some 12% of U.S. customers have lost money to fraud on a peer-to-peer payment network, while 11% have seen it happen to a family member, according to survey results released earlier this month by J.D. Power. The networks cited by the respondents were Zelle, Venmo, and PayPal.”
December 12, 2022
On the web
“Small business owners who’ve spent several months battling inflation are bracing for an even bumpier road ahead. According to the J.D. Power 2022 U.S. Small Business Credit Card Satisfaction Study,SM released, that growing sense of anxiety among small businesses is creating a new set of challenges for card issuers that must find ways to support their customers in an uncertain economic environment. “It’s been a tough few years for small business owners, with 65% saying that inflation is having a major or severe effect on their business and 51% still suffering through supply chain challenges,” said John Cabell, managing director of payments intelligence at J.D. Power. “Accordingly, the small business outlook for 2023 is down significantly and many businesses are looking to their credit card issuers for help. This is a real moment of truth for card issuers that currently have an opportunity to position themselves as a valuable source of support and guidance for small business customers through a combination of proactive outreach, rewards promotions and personalized account management.” Following are some key findings of the 2022 study…”
Give us your email address or link to our RSS feed and we’ll push the daily Payments News headlines to you.
Top Stories from Payment News
- China’s Digital Yuan Needs WeChat, Alipay to Boost Adoption, Experts Say
- Boston Fed, MIT Complete Research Project into Feasibility of a Central Bank Digital Currency
- Payment Card Fraud Losses Reach $32.34 Billion
- Why QR Codes Are the Next Cybersecurity Battlefield
- Visa Has Terminated Global Debit Card Agreements with FTX
- Amazon Pay Statistics 2022 – Market Share and Web Usage
- Revolut Launches Revolut Chat, an Instant Messaging Feature in Step Forward to Super App
- FinCEN Analysis Reveals Ransomware Reporting in BSA Filings Increased Significantly During the Second Half of 2021
- Amazon Launches New Merchant Cash Advance Program Provided by Parafin, Doubling Down on Its Support for Small- and Medium-Sized Businesses
- Money Mule And Crypto Schemes Now Top Money Laundering Threats, According to New Research from Feedzai
Glenbrook Payments Boot camp®
Register for the next Glenbrook Payments Boot Camp®
An intensive and comprehensive overview of the payments industry.
Train your Team
Customized, private Payments Boot Camps tailored to meet your team’s unique needs.
Recorded, one-hour videos covering a broad array of payments concepts.
Comprehensive books that detail the systems and innovations shaping the payments industry.