A leading payments industry news source for more than 17 years. Glenbrook curates the news and keeps you abreast of the important daily headlines in payments.
Search Payments News
May 26, 2023
On the web
Central Bank Digital Currencies: Ongoing Policy Perspectives
"A group of central banks, together with the Bank for International Settlements, are working together to explore central bank digital currencies (CBDCs) for the public ("general purpose" or "retail" CBDC)."
May 11, 2023
On the web
Project Polaris: Offline Payments with CBDC (BIS)
"A survey conducted by the BIS Innovation Hub Nordic Centre shows that 49% of central banks consider offline payments with retail CBDC to be vital, while another 49% deemed it to be advantageous. Providing offline payments with CBDC is an important requirement for many central banks for reasons such as resilience, inclusion, privacy and cash resemblance. However, its implementation is complex and involves a number of technology, security and operational considerations that need to be planned and designed for at the earliest possible stages."
January 19, 2023
On the web
Exploring Multilateral Platforms for Cross-Border Payments
Multilateral platforms – cross-border payment systems that are multi-jurisdictional by design – could enhance cross-border payments by reducing the need for intermediaries and allowing payment service providers in different jurisdictions to transact directly with each other. This joint report released by the CPMI, the BIS Innovation Hub, the IMF and the World Bank, identifies challenges to address and approaches to establishing a multilateral platform.
Give us your email address or link to our RSS feed and we’ll push the daily Payments News headlines to you.
Top Stories from Payments News
- Payments on Fire®: Episode 203 – What Big Data Revealed About BNPL Consumers with Kristin Carlson and Zach Tondre, LexisNexis Risk Solutions
- Alipay Now Supports Users to Link Alipay to Their Apple ID in a One-stop Way Within Its App
- Kasisto Launches KAI-GPT, the First Banking Industry-Specific Large Language Model
- China's UnionPay Surpasses Visa with Largest Market Share of Debit Card Transactions: Nilson Report
- Payment Card Volume Topped $40 Trillion Worldwide in 2022
- Payments on Fire®: Episode 202 – Innovating at the Intersection of BNPL and Embedded Commerce with Bobby Tzekin, Founder and CEO of Wisetack
- New York Fed and Monetary Authority of Singapore Publish Results of Joint Wholesale Cross-Border Payments Research Study
- Payments On Fire® Podcast: Episode 201 – Fintechs, Banks, and the Companies Joining Them Together – In Conversation with Tarun Gupta, Jump Capital, and Chris Uriarte, Glenbrook Partners
- Payments Post #3: Glenbrook’s April Roundup
- Building International Payment Systems: A Conversation with Glenbrook’s Elizabeth McQuerry
Glenbrook Payments Boot camp®
Register for the next Glenbrook Payments Boot Camp®
An intensive and comprehensive overview of the payments industry.
Train your Team
Customized, private Payments Boot Camps tailored to meet your team’s unique needs.
Recorded, one-hour videos covering a broad array of payments concepts.
Comprehensive books that detail the systems and innovations shaping the payments industry.