Glenbrook’s Innovation in Payments Workshop is a small group session focusing on the latest developments in the payments industry. This workshop is designed for alumni of Glenbrook’s Payments Boot Camp® – or other people who consider themselves already well versed in the “basics” of the industry. The agenda for each session changes based on what’s happening in the industry. The format ensures a highly interactive session!
1. The Fintech Phenomenon
• Fintech market drivers and categories
• Fintech role in the payments ecosystem
• Fintech building blocks
2. Card System Trends
• Fintech impact on card system value chain
• TransferWise and the rise of multicurrency cards
• Card network acquisition strategy
• Spotlight: Plaid
3. Digital Payments Impact
• Digital impact on core systems and domains of payment
• Building blocks – eMoney Accounts, Tokenization, NFC, and QR Codes
• Voice commerce on the horizon
4. P2P Wallet Innovation
• Common processing model, flows, and implications
• Positioning of key providers and unique capabilities of each
• Cash App drill down
5. Data in Payments
• Payments data fundamentals; who knows what
• Data monetization categories and techniques
• Industry examples of payment data monetization
6. Open Banking Around the World
• Open banking fundamentals, rationale, and implications
• Europe – PSD2 and UK Open Banking Initiative
• India – Unified Payments Interface (UPI)
• U.S. – Various industry and fintech initiatives
7. Digital Consumer Financing
• Digital consumer financing in context – definition, trends, and evolution
• Today’s landscape and value chain
• Funding options and liability allocation
8. Blockchain-based Payments
• Blockchains and the evolution of currency
• Rise of Central Bank Digital Currencies (CBDCs)
• Facebook’s Libra Initiative: Implications and challenges
9. Payments Innovation in China
• Asia-Pacific wallet landscape
• WeChat Pay on the march
• Spotlight: Alipay
*Subject to change based on current innovation topics in the industry
Fees, billing, discounts, refunds
The standard registration fee is $995 per person.
Bundle and save $300! The one-day Insight Workshop fee is reduced to $695 per person when you add the Insight Workshop as an bundle option to a Payments Boot Camp.
Payments / Billing
Glenbrook accepts American Express, Discover, Mastercard, PayPal and Visa for payment upon registration. If required, payment may be made by an invoice sent to your company – with our prior approval. Please contact us to obtain approval for invoice billing.
Glenbrook client discounts:
* Only one discount code may be used per person. Discounts may not be combined with any other sale, promotion, discount, code, coupon, and/or offer.
Payments Boot Camp and workshop registrants may cancel their registration for a full refund if cancelled one week prior to the event. Refunds for cancellations within a week of the event will be considered on a case by case basis. In some cases, it may be possible to switch registrations to an event at a later date.