Glenbrook’s Innovation in Payments Workshop is a small group session focusing on the latest developments in the payments industry. This workshop is designed for alumni of Glenbrook’s Payments Boot Camp® – or other people who consider themselves already well versed in the “basics” of the industry. The agenda for each session changes based on what’s happening in the industry. The format ensures a highly interactive session!
Russ brings exceptional skills in payments industry analysis, strategy development, and product conceptualization - as well as 35 years as an executive, analyst, and consultant - to Glenbrook clients from across the payments value chain.
Yvette draws on her 24 years of payments and risk management experience to help the next generation of payments professionals understand industry fundamentals and best practices. In addition to facilitating Payments Boot Camps™, she is also responsible for developing industry-focused curriculums and new delivery channels.
George applies his 15 years in payments and 30 years in IT to payments acceptance infrastructure and security strategies for Glenbrook's merchant, technology provider, and acquirer clients.
1. The Fintech Phenomenon
• Fintech market drivers and categories
• Fintech role in the payments ecosystem
• Fintech building blocks
2. Card System Trends
• Fintech impact on card system value chain
• TransferWise and the rise of multicurrency cards
• Card network acquisition strategy
• Spotlight: Plaid
3. Digital Payments Impact
• Digital impact on core systems and domains of payment
• Building blocks – eMoney Accounts, Tokenization, NFC, and QR Codes
• Voice commerce on the horizon
4. P2P Wallet Innovation
• Common processing model, flows, and implications
• Positioning of key providers and unique capabilities of each
• Cash App drill down
5. Data in Payments
• Payments data fundamentals; who knows what
• Data monetization categories and techniques
• Industry examples of payment data monetization
6. Open Banking Around the World
• Open banking fundamentals, rationale, and implications
• Europe – PSD2 and UK Open Banking Initiative
• India – Unified Payments Interface (UPI)
• U.S. – Various industry and fintech initiatives
7. Digital Consumer Financing
• Digital consumer financing in context – definition, trends, and evolution
• Today’s landscape and value chain
• Funding options and liability allocation
8. Blockchain-based Payments
• Blockchains and the evolution of currency
• Rise of Central Bank Digital Currencies (CBDCs)
• Facebook’s Libra Initiative: Implications and challenges
9. Payments Innovation in China
• Asia-Pacific wallet landscape
• WeChat Pay on the march
• Spotlight: Alipay
*Subject to change based on current innovation topics in the industry
Fees, billing, discounts, refunds
The standard registration fee is $995 per person.
Bundle and save $300! The one-day Insight Workshop fee is reduced to $695 per person when you add the Insight Workshop as an bundle option to a Payments Boot Camp.
Payments / Billing
Glenbrook accepts American Express, Discover, Mastercard, PayPal and Visa for payment upon registration. If required, payment may be made by an invoice sent to your company – with our prior approval. Please contact us to obtain approval for invoice billing.
Glenbrook client discounts:
* Only one discount code may be used per person. Discounts may not be combined with any other sale, promotion, discount, code, coupon, and/or offer.
Payments Boot Camp and workshop registrants may cancel their registration for a full refund if cancelled one week prior to the event. Refunds for cancellations within a week of the event will be considered on a case by case basis. In some cases, it may be possible to switch registrations to an event at a later date.