The promise of fast cross-border payments is on the horizon. Fast (or Instant) Payment Systems are rapidly taking hold in countries around the world. Consumers and businesses want the benefits that these systems bring domestically to address challenges in cross-border payments and make them faster, cheaper, and more efficient. The industry has and continues to respond with innovations and policymakers are taking on initiatives to drive change. This workshop reviews the fundamentals of cross-border payments and correspondent banking, the current state of domestic fast payment systems, and notable innovations to make fast payments work cross-border. We will also feature industry and initiatives to link these domestic systems together to create new multi-country networks that hold promise for fast cross border payments.
Partner in Charge of Glenbrook’s Global Payments Practice, Elizabeth combines her 15 years of experience and deep insight into international payments to further client goals in the areas of cross-border remittances, domestic P2P, global payouts, government collections and disbursements.
Joanna provides Glenbrook’s clients with a broad perspective drawn from her experience in regulatory oversight, payments infrastructure management, and product roadmap development.
1. Global Payments Key Concepts
• What is a domestic payment system?
• Core systems and systemically important systems
• Governance Models: systems vs. schemes
• Settlement types and their role in Payments Systems
• What makes a payment system a “fast” payment system?
• Cross-border payments vs. global payments
• Commonalities and differences among countries
• Global shift to instant, credit push payments and other trends
2. Cross-Border Payments Today
• Correspondent Banking: Mechanics, Flows and Economics
• SWIFT’s role in correspondent banking
• FedGlobal ACH
• Cross-border Card Payments
• Pain Points and Challenges
3. Incumbents and Challengers in Cross-Border Payments
• SWIFT’s Evolution
• Classic MSB Models
• Fintech Innovation in classic models
• New Networks
• Digital Assets and Ledgers
• Domain specific trends in cross-border
4. Fast Payments Systems Connect
• Fast Payments Key Concepts
• Design decisions in Fast Payments
• Comparison of domestic systems by region
• Upcoming regional/multi-country schemes
• Linkage of real-time market infrastructure across borders
• What We’re Watching
Fees, billing, discounts, refunds
The standard registration fee is $995 per person.
Bundle and save $300! The one-day Insight Workshop fee is reduced to $695 per person when you add the Insight Workshop as a bundle option to a Payments Boot Camp.
Payments / Billing
Glenbrook accepts American Express, Discover, Mastercard, PayPal and Visa for payment upon registration. If required, payment may be made by an invoice sent to your company – with our prior approval. Please contact us to obtain approval for invoice billing.
Glenbrook client discounts:
* Only one discount code may be used per person. Discounts may not be combined with any other sale, promotion, discount, code, coupon, and/or offer.
Payments Boot Camp and workshop registrants may cancel their registration for a full refund if cancelled one month prior to the event. Refunds for cancellations within a month of the event will be considered on a case by case basis. In some cases, it may be possible to switch registrations to an event at a later date.