Today’s payment landscape is undergoing a transformation in terms of platforms and capabilities that will power tomorrow’s payments. And the complexity of the payments industry is reflected in the widening range of technologies it uses. New entrants are unencumbered by legacy systems and can move swiftly to market with new solutions – tablet based POS equipment, digital banking platforms, and data analytics powered by AI. The incumbent community, however, is struggling to shift away from legacy systems to more modern platforms that are powered by cloud computing and agile module capabilities, without disrupting their existing business flows. Lastly, business and consumer customers are demanding quick, timely payments and flexible approaches to create seamless service experiences across accounts, channels, and devices.
Technology providers must be vigilant in their knowledge of the changing dynamics, and able to implement new solutions that keep pace with the changes.
Glenbrook consults with both established and startup technology providers:
- POS hardware terminal manufacturers
- PC, mobile handset, and tablet manufacturers
- Chip and OS manufacturers
- Software development tool vendors
- Independent Software Vendors
- Platform companies
- Enterprise software and cloud services firms
- Risk and fraud management service providers
- Industry organizations
Technology Providers Support
Our support can include the following:
- Value-of-technology assessments
- Market entry strategies
- Competitive reviews
- Market opportunity studies
- Partnership evaluations
- Go-to-market plans
- Private payments workshops
Client Engagement Experience
Many of our technology provider clients have benefitted from our strategic consulting, research projects, and education programs.
- Chip Manufacturer – For a manufacturer of chip-based products and services, we provided a market assessment of the migration to EMV in the U.S., with trend analysis and insights drawing conclusions and implications for our client
- Large Banking and Payments Technology Provider – Glenbrook worked hand-in-hand with a client team to write the rules for a new international product offering that bridged several existing payment mechanisms with varying service level guarantees
- Large eCommerce Hosting Provider – To help a client validate their global payments processing strategy, Glenbrook conducted a twelve-country market scan for a U.S.-based eCommerce hosting provider. In addition to identifying major acquirers and competitive payment service providers by country, Glenbrook also assessed the strength of the local eCommerce market and identified important tender types required for market entry.
- Large Global Cell Phone Technology Firm – Glenbrook developed the formal product definition for a new in-device technology that enables cell phones to be used as authentication token in financial services applications
- Fortune 50 Technology Company – Identified and evaluated potential global payment providers to provide outgoing payment and tax support in 39 markets for a multi-national technology company; developed RFI, conducted provider interviews, evaluated responses, and made recommendations
- Leading Bank Technology Provider in the U.S. – Analyzed bill pay product expansion opportunities with focus on determining demand for advanced features, evaluating prospective technology partners, and developing pricing scenarios
Let Glenbrook help you find the right target, optimize your marketing spend, identify the best channel partners, and keep your team smart about payments. Contact us.