Payments is a highly competitive marketplace with increasingly complex merchant and customer requirements that payment service providers must carefully navigate. Market-entry strategies require a deep knowledge of domestic payment systems and local requirements to be successful.
The experts at Glenbrook Partners understand the challenges of multi-party adoption, and our analyses and recommendations are advanced by years of experience with companies introducing new products into a variety of markets. We consult to many different companies that are offering payments solutions to consumers, merchants, or both. We advise financial institutions and large corporates on trends, provider offerings and the changing landscape of payments. Our in-depth understanding of merchant requirements is of value to both our large and small clients.
Our payment service provider clients include:
- Prepaid program managers
- Online and mobile wallet providers
- Emerging solutions providers
- Non-bank card acquirers
- Risk managers
- eCommerce global PSPs
- Non-bank business payments providers
- Person-to-person payments providers
Glenbrook supports payment service providers by bringing them up to speed on the rapidly changing payments industry and technologies to help improve their businesses.
Our capabilities include:
- Market expansion strategies
- Competitive landscape analyses
- Market impact from consumer and technology trends
- Partnership and channel strategies
- Customer needs and product development requirements
- Scenario planning for long term growth
- Go-to-market strategies
Client Engagement Experience
Many of our payment services provider clients have benefited from our strategic consulting, custom research, and payments education:
- Major Payments Service Provider – Glenbrook was commissioned to help define the developer rules for a new payments platform. In addition to API usage guidelines and restrictions, Glenbrook also developed the rules for developer vetting and app certification.
- Offer Network Provider – Glenbrook assisted an offer network provider in developing its go-to-market strategy. As part of this effort, Glenbrook identified channels and prioritized potential partnerships within each channel.
- Merchant Platform Provider – Glenbrook worked with a merchant platform provider to develop a series of future application scenarios that were built around our insight into anticipated product and service moves by its major competitors.
- Korean Payment Services Provider – Glenbrook helped a Korean PSP, with aspirations to extend their business across multiple countries in the Asian-Pacific market, understand demand for value-added services on a country-by-country basis. As part of this effort, Glenbrook reached out to its network of global eCommerce merchants for service-specific feedback.
- Large eCommerce Hosting Provider – To help a client validate their global payments processing strategy, Glenbrook conducted a twelve-country market scan for a U.S.-based eCommerce hosting provider. In addition to identifying major acquirers and competitive payment service providers by country, Glenbrook also assessed the strength of the local eCommerce market and identified important tender types required for market entry.
- Major Online Hosting Provider – Glenbrook worked with a major online hosting provider (with merchant hosting capabilities) to develop a series of future application scenarios that were built around our insight into anticipated product and service moves by its major competitors.
- Large Online Service Provider – Glenbrook worked with a large online service provider to understand how their payments acceptance practices could be enhanced to increase subscriber enrollment and retention. In addition to changes in their billing practices, Glenbrook also helped the client understand the relative attractiveness of emerging payment mechanisms such as eChecks, phone billing, paper billing, prepaid cards, and walk-in payments.
Contact us and team with Glenbrook to grow your transaction volume through new market and service opportunities.