Registration opening soon!
Glenbrook’s popular Payments Boot Camp® is a comprehensive overview of the payments industry, from the fundamentals to what’s new and on the horizon. It’s a fast-paced, focused, and fun way to get smart about payments.
The Payments Boot Camp® and the Advanced Payments Insight Workshop will be held in New York, NY.
Venue details coming soon.
Russ brings exceptional skills in payments industry analysis, strategy development, and product conceptualization - as well as 35 years as an executive, analyst, and consultant - to Glenbrook clients from across the payments value chain.
Yvette draws on her 24 years of payments and risk management experience to help the next generation of payments professionals understand industry fundamentals and best practices. In addition to facilitating Payments Boot Camps™, she is also responsible for developing industry-focused curriculums and new delivery channels.
As part of Glenbrook’s education team, Debbie draws on professional and teaching experiences to help organizations be apprised of the foundations and innovations underway with payments.
Glenbrook’s agenda is structured to ensure that you understand how the industry works as a whole. We emphasize the economics – so that you understand how money is made in the industry, and by whom.
Payments Systems Overview
• Industry definitions, payments domains
• Key concepts – open/closed, push/pull, chain of liability
• How payments systems differ
• Risk in payments
• Payments systems economics
Perspectives on Users and Providers
• End-User perspectives – Consumers, Merchants
• Provider perspectives – Banks, Networks, Processors, PSPs
• Other constituents – Regulators
• Cards – Core concepts, value chains, transaction flow, technology, economics
• Checks – Value chain, checking imaging, remote deposit capture, volume trend
• ACH – Value chain, transaction flow, direct debit risk model, volume, and trends
• Wires – Value chain, economics, major players, and trends
• Faster Payments – Processing model and components, Zelle vs RTP vs FedNow
• Cash – Usage trends, ATM networks, and digital currencies
• Local country payments systems – models, common elements, variables
• Cross-border payments – international wires; cross-border card processing
• Market drivers, building blocks and key trends
• Opening banking APIs, how payment data is used, artificial intelligence
• Domain overview, monetization strategies, key trends for each domain
• POS – NFC payments, mobile POS, Square Case Study
• Online Commerce – Digital wallets, Secure Remote Commerce (SRC)
• Bill Pay – Variation in biller, bank, and consumer-centric models
• P2P – Open vs Closed Processing Models, Venmo vs Cash App
• B2B – B2B fundamentals, buyer-seller payment dynamics
• Income – Disbursements, payouts, and card push payments
Fees, billing, discounts, refunds
The standard Payments Boot Camp® registration fee is $2695 per person. Group discounts are available for 2 or more attendees from the same company.
Bundle and save $400! The optional third-day Insight Workshop fee is reduced from $1395 to $995 per person when you register for the Payments Boot Camp® PLUS the corresponding Insight Workshop.
Fees do not include:
Payments / Billing
Glenbrook accepts American Express, Discover, Mastercard, PayPal and Visa for payment upon registration. If required, payment may be made by an invoice sent to your company – with our prior approval. Please contact us to obtain approval for invoice billing.
Glenbrook client discounts:
* Only one discount code may be used per person. Discounts may not be combined with any other sale, promotion, discount, code, coupon, and/or offer.
Payments Boot Camp® and workshop registrants may cancel their registration for a full refund if cancelled one week prior to the event. Refunds for cancellations within a week of the event will be considered on a case by case basis. In some cases, it may be possible to switch registrations to an event at a later date.
Payments Boot Camp®
Advanced Payments Insight Workshop
Local airports, driving directions, hotels
Local area information coming soon.
Pre-reading and resources