Registration opening soon!
Bay Area, CA
Glenbrook’s popular Payments Boot Camp® is a comprehensive overview of the payments industry, from the fundamentals to what’s new and on the horizon. It’s a fast-paced, focused, and fun way to get smart about payments.
Russ brings exceptional skills in payments industry analysis, strategy development, and product conceptualization - as well as 35 years as an executive, analyst, and consultant - to Glenbrook clients from across the payments value chain.
Yvette helps our clients develop high-performing payments teams through our Payments Boot Camp® offerings. Leading select engagements in areas such as digital currency systems and payments risk management, Yvette works with our clients to develop strategies for product introductions, revenue generation, and risk management.
Glenbrook’s agenda is structured to ensure that you understand how the industry works as a whole. We emphasize the economics – so that you understand how money is made in the industry, and by whom.
Payments Systems Overview
• Industry definitions, payments domains
• Key concepts – open/closed, push/pull, chain of liability
• How payments systems differ
• Risk in payments
• Payments systems economics
Perspectives on Users and Providers
• End-User perspectives – Consumers, Businesses
• Provider perspectives – Banks, Networks, Processors, PSPs
• Other constituents – Regulators
• Cards – Core concepts, value chains, transaction flow, technology, economics
• Checks – Value chain, checking imaging, remote deposit capture, volume trend
• ACH – Value chain, transaction flow, direct debit risk model, volume, and trends
• Wires – Value chain, economics, major players, and trends
• Fast Payments – Processing model and components, Zelle vs RTP vs FedNow
• Cash – Usage trends, ATM networks, and digital currencies
• Local country payments systems – models, common elements, variables
• Cross-border payments – international wires; cross-border card processing
• Domain overview, monetization strategies, key trends for each domain
• Point of Sale (POS)
• Remote Commerce
• Bill Pay
• Person to Person (P2P)
• Business to Business (B2B)
• Market drivers, building blocks and key trends
Fees, billing, discounts, refunds
The standard Payments Boot Camp® registration fee is $2695 per person. Group discounts are available for 2 or more attendees from the same company.
Bundle and save $400! The optional third-day Insight Workshop fee is reduced from $1395 to $995 per person when you register for the Payments Boot Camp® PLUS the corresponding Insight Workshop.
Fees do not include:
Payments / Billing
Glenbrook accepts American Express, Discover, Mastercard, PayPal and Visa for payment upon registration. If required, payment may be made by an invoice sent to your company – with our prior approval. Please contact us to obtain approval for invoice billing.
Glenbrook client discounts:
* Only one discount code may be used per person. Discounts may not be combined with any other sale, promotion, discount, code, coupon, and/or offer.
Payments Boot Camp® and workshop registrants may cancel their registration for a full refund if cancelled two weeks prior to the event. Refunds for cancellations within two weeks of the event will be considered on a case by case basis. In some cases, it may be possible to switch registrations to an event at a later date.
Payments Boot Camp®
Advanced Payments Insight Workshop
Local airports, driving directions, hotels
Local area information coming soon.
Pre-reading and resources