Innovation in Payments Workshop
Glenbrook's Innovation in Payments Workshop is offered several times a year as a small group session focusing on what's new and what's important.
These workshops are designed for alumni of Glenbrook's Payments Boot Camps - or other people who consider themselves already well versed in the "basics" of the industry.
The agenda for each session changes based on what's happening in the industry. The format ensures a highly interactive session!
- Next Session - December 11, 2014
- Location - Mountain View, CA
Here is what we'll cover on the upcoming December 11th session in Mountain View:
Innovation In Payments Overview - Glenbrook’s framework for evaluating new payment initiatives, with examples of notable successes and failures.
Tokenization A-Z - A deep dive into the industry-wide push to tokenize payment data, including a look at various approaches and their implications.
Card Network Update - Explore the most surprising developments from card incumbent networks over the last twelve months - product initiatives, rule changes, investments, and new alliances.
- Apple Pay Tear Down - How it works; value proposition to stakeholders, economics, industry reaction, and implications. NFC-based mobile payments are back.
- Mobile Commerce 2014 - Examines the latest developments in both proximity and remote mobile commerce including Glenbrook’s take on the current state of play with Google Wallet, Softcard (formerly Isis), CurrentC (formerly MCX), Visa Checkout, and PayPal.
- Merchant Analytics - How big data analytics is leveling the playing field for small merchants; key solutions providers; variations by model.
- Beacon Personalization - Understanding Bluetooth LE and Beacon technology; Payments and Beacons; key solution providers; multi-merchant and merchant-specific examples.
- Wearables and Payments - Explore the emerging world of wearables and the obvious and not so obvious linkages to payments. Okay, Glass - Pay! Hey, Siri - Buy!
- Bitcoin Grows Up - Takes a closer look at Bitcoin as an emerging alternative payment method, where it fits, and what the implications might be.