Innovation in Payments
Glenbrook's Innovation in Payments Workshop is offered several times a year as a small group session focusing on what's new and what's important.
These workshops are designed for alumni of Glenbrook's Payments Boot Camps - or other people who consider themselves already well versed in the "basics" of the industry.
The agenda for each session changes based on what's happening in the industry. The format ensures a highly interactive session!
- Palo Alto, CA - December 8, 2016
1. Innovation in Payments
- Glenbrook’s framework for evaluating new payment initiatives
- Innovation building blocks
- Examples of notable successes and failures
2. Card Network Update
- What card networks do
- How card networks compare
- Opportunities and challenges by brand
3. Tokenization Fundamentals
- Tokenization concepts and approaches
- Security tokens - Current model and likely evolution
- EMVco payment tokens - Flows, roles, and data elements
- Other tokenization initiatives on the horizon
4. Digital Payments State of Play
- Digital Payments In-Store – How it works, stakeholder value propositions
- Understanding the “Pays” – Motivations and comparisons
- Digital Payments In-App – New models and surprising implications
- Digital Payments Online – Tokens in browsers!
5. Faster Money in the U.S.
- Motivations and key concepts
- Federal Reserve – Faster Payments Roadmap
- The Clearing House – Real-Time Payments Initiative
- Early Warning – clearXchange Network
- Real-Time Card Payments – Visa Direct and MasterCard Send
- NACHA – Same Day ACH
6. Artificial Intelligence (AI) in Payments
- Natural Language Processing and Commerce
- Facial Recognition and Authentication
- Machine Learning and Risk
- Machine Learning and Card-linked Offers
- Next Generation Use Cases
7. Blockchain Mania
- Blockchain Fundamentals – Key concepts and terminology
- Blockchain 1.0 – Bitcoin payment rails and FedCoins
- Blockchain 2.0 – Distributed ledgers in financial services
- Blockchain 3.0 – Next generation use cases