Associate Job Description
Associates conduct research in support of consulting projects and contribute toward the development of client deliverables support of Glenbrook Engagement Managers and Partners. They possess strong analytical skills and take initiative to ensure the quality and timeliness of client deliverables and recommendations.
- Research: Conduct research and data analysis, perform competitive benchmarking, and participate in qualitative interviews to gather market insights. Take the lead on specific aspects of project work and products for clients.
- Collaboration: Contribute toward team on one large or 2-3 smaller client engagements at a time. Be a productive and effective team player, collaborating with both Glenbrook and client personnel as necessary. Provide input on how to approach client problems and project challenges.
- Industry knowledge: Actively follow industry news and payments companies, both incumbents and new entrants. Begin to develop topical expertise in one or more areas of the industry.
- Firm development: Support development of new business with existing and prospective clients, contribute to the development of Glenbrook intellectual capital and other internal initiatives to grow the firm.
- Reports to Sponsoring Partner
Skills and Experience
- Bachelors or Masters degree
- Up to three years work experience at a top-tier strategy consulting or other professional services firm with focus on one or more of the following industries: financial services, retail, technology – or – entry-level role in a payments industry company
- Adept user of both PowerPoint and Excel, ability to create compelling diagrams/charts/process flows
- Strong quantitative skills and ability to synthesize qualitative and quantitative data in order to contribute to the formulation of strategic narrative to address client challenges
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated integrity and respect for confidentiality
- Intense curiosity about a wide range of subjects
- Team orientation, ownership/accountability coupled with innate desire to collaborate with Glenbrook colleagues and clients
- Desire to grow a superior consulting practice that provides opportunity for learning and professional growth
This position is in San Francisco, Atlanta, New York or Portland, Oregon.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.